House of Circuits/House of Outages

"I can't believe we agreed to this," Fabian muttered to Patricia as they headed to the control room.

Eddie's crazy idea involved the circuitry of the school and a very clever distraction. When Fabian and Patricia would shut off the power, also shutting off the cameras, hopefully the school would go into chaos and uproar, forcing Mr. Perry out of his office to tend to the students. And since the cameras were off, Nina and Eddie could get into his office.

Patricia and Fabian finally arrived. Patricia picked the lock for them to get inside, and once they were in, Fabian headed over to the circuit breaker box, opening the small metal door to it. Instead of switches, it was filled with wires strung around, connected to the electric panel.

"I'm pretty sure it's the red one," Patricia decided out of all the colors.

"Red and black actually," Fabian corrected. "You see, considering they're both live wires-"

"-just work your nerd-magic and save me the boredom."

Fabian quieted down and found the wire cutters that should've been present. Instead of unplugging the wires, he'd have to create a diversion that would require tech officials to come to the scene. That way, no one could just come in and repair it easily by plugging it in.

He cut the red and black wires, and the power shut off throughout the entire school. Patricia lit the flashlight on her phone and high-fived Fabian after hearing high schooler screams. Eddie's plan was working.

Meanwhile, Nina and Eddie stayed out of sight until Mr. Perry left his office. They snuck inside, closing the door. Since Mr. Perry had a laptop, the computer would still be functioning, and they could do what they needed.

Up on his laptop was the security mainframe, featuring files from all the cameras he had over the school. They couldn't be viewed at the moment, but they could certainly be tampered with. His phone, which he left on his desk, also lit up, indicating he received a text.

Nina picked up the phone as Eddie handled the computer.

Nina found out that Perry was texting Vera.

Vera: The Chosen One and Osirion must come soon. We all know how angry Neith can get.

Perry: She threatened to release Tutu. If he were to be, he'd come straight for us and banish us to Duat. Of course I know how dangerous she is, and I intend to lure the Chosen One and Osirion in very soon.

Vera: You mean the Method Beyond Resist?

Perry: That's exactly what I mean.

Vera: If it comes to that, let's do it.

Nina put the phone down. She looked over at what Eddie was doing, planning on revealing what she read when everyone gathered back together again.

"What're you doing?" Nina asked, noticing Eddie typing ferociously.

"Hacking the security mainframe," he admitted.

"Where'd you learn to do that?"

"Camp." Eddie smirked at Nina for a brief moment. He finally finished, shutting down all the camera transmitters and receivers permanently. The only way to bring them back up would be for re-installation.

"Interesting camp," Nina commented, noticing his completion and success.

"Very," Eddie agreed. "It contributes to me having the intentions of a hero and the mind of a criminal. Now, we should go before Perry gets back. You found information, didn't you?"

Nina nodded. "Enough to raise discussion. Let's go."

They exited his office, running into Fabian and Patricia who had been headed their way. Jerome and Joy eventually joined the mix, knowing they had to be up to something.

They were planning on leaving the school, but they ran into Mr. Perry on their way out. The light from outside castes dim lighting in their area, and they could all see eachother clearly.

"You six are not going anywhere!" Mr. Perry growled at them.

~~~~~
Alfie was still in the warehouse, being watched by the "Carol" lady who had a pixie cut and always dressed like she was going jogging. Alfie's legs were still tied to the chair so he couldn't walk unless he requested to go to the bathroom, his wrists were tied, and his arms were tied back to the chair.

"So..." Alfie sighed, trying to break the longing silence. "Do you have like a job, or something?"

Carol glared at him.

"Just asking. Sorry." Alfie thought a bit. "How about hobbies?"

"I've been trained to kill," Carol replied in a sarcastically enthusiastic tone. "I have a hobby of breaking people's necks."

"That's awesome!" Alfie commented. "I mean, it wouldn't be if you were breaking my neck, but you know-when people do it in movies, it looks cool...So, are you trained in Kung Fu or something?"

"Why do you keep talking?"

"Well, if I'm going to be kidnapped, I might as well make the best out of it. It's not like I have to cry out in distress. It's not going to help anyway."

"Glad you're smart enough to figure that out."

An awkward silence hung in the air as Alfie thought of what to say next. "So, how do you know Perry? High school sweethearts?" Alfie joked.

"Yes, actually," Carol admitted.

"Oh. But no longer sweethearts?"

Carol crossed her arms.

"Dr. Lewis has all the time in the world to listen to your story."

"This is crazy," Carol muttered before actually deciding to tell Alfie about her relationship with Daniel Perry.

~~~~~
Back at the school, Mr. Perry had found out the wires were cut in the circuit breaker. He called the tech personnel and also the police department.

Once the wires had been replaced and the power restored, and Mr. Perry dismissed all the students from school, him, the police officer, and the Sibuna members gathered right outside his office.

"The technicians informed me there were cuts made in the live wires," Officer Diaton explained.

"It was these six fiends," Mr. Perry declared, pointing to Nina, Eddie, Fabian, Patricia, Jerome, and Joy.

"Are you sure it wasn't just a student playing a prank?"

"I swear-"

"-you know, Mr. Perry, this school has pranksters," Nina interrupted before Mr. Perry finished speaking. "And why would we cut the wires anyway?"

"Security footage," Mr. Perry suddenly stated. "Security footage before the power outage will show them heading to the control room."

Nina and Eddie already knew he wouldn't be able to find any feed of anything from his security cameras since Eddie shut them off. Everyone filed inside his office after him. He went to his laptop, looking for the security files and seeing that they were all corrupted.

"They're not here," Mr. Perry muttered.

"Maybe you should just consult your students," Officer Diaton suggested. "Whoever did this prank planned it very well. You won't be reprimanded for the first incident, but if this happens again, I'll have to file a report against your principalship." He left the office.

Mr. Perry then glared at the six left. "You have no idea who you're messing with."

"You know, I think we kind of do," Eddie replied.

"You're only lying to yourself, Daniel," Patricia told him as they all left the office.

~~~~~
And that's the end of the chapter! I don't know about you, but it's been a very long week for me.

Besides that though, what do you think the 'Method Beyond Resist' is?(you could totally go about this the literal way because it is kind of self-explanatory)

Until next time, Aristocrats!