House of Hearts/House of Visions

"Why wasn't your car parked outside?" Erik asked Joy while they both sat together on a couch in the lounge, late at night.

"It's um...in the repair shop," Joy lied since it had really been stolen by the Secret Society.

"Oh. What happened to it?"

"A sad, sad thing..."

"Alrighty then." Erik looked over at Joy who stared straight ahead. "Joy? Are you alright? You seem sort of...distant."

Joy glanced over at him. "Distant? I'm not distant. Just tired."

"Ok then-"

"-night." Joy hurried out the lounge, up the stairs, and into her and Patricia's room.

Patricia was asleep when she turned on the lamp and shook Patricia awake. As Patricia woke up, Joy went back to sit on her own bed.

"Doesn't anyone want me to ever get sleep?" Patricia moaned as she sat up. "What is it, Joy?"

"Erik's here!" Joy yell-whispered.

"Good to know. Good night."

"No, Patricia! I can't have him here. Not only is it the mystery, but I can't date him anymore."

"Why not?"

"I don't love him. Not in that way."

"Then break up with him," Patricia advised.

"I can't just break up with him. He's too sweet, and nice, and kind, and he loves me a lot. What if I break his heart?"

"Oh, you'll break his heart most definitely," Patricia confirmed point-out-blank. "But he'll get over it. Would you rather spare him for the long run, or lie to him for the rest of both of your lives?"

Joy knew she was right.

"Can I go to sleep now?"

Joy turned off the lamp and laid down in bed, embracing the silence and serenity of the dark as a time to think about her and Erik.

~~~~~
That same night, Nina had dreamt a vision. The first Chosen One-related vision she'd had in a long time, and one she desperately needed for the current mystery.

Nina walked down a long, underground corridor with torches lit up on the wall. Her footsteps echoed with every step as she made her way deeper and deeper to wherever the tunnel led. Eventually she came to the end where a jail cell door was. Darkness engulfed the room behind the bars making it impossible to see what was inside, but she heard weeping. Weeping of a boy.

Suddenly, something lunged at her. It was a hand-an arm, more so, that seemed skinny and frail as though it belonged to someone starved of need. Nina could eventually make out the boy's features. He didn't look a day over fifteen. His eyes were a piercing blue, and his sandy blonde hair was disheveled. He had wings. Limp wings that drooped low and seemed dysfunctional.

The boy withdrew his hand from past the cell bars and just dropped to the ground entirely, sitting with his legs crossed and drooping his head like his wings.

"Don't pity me," he muttered.

Nina sat down on the outside of the cell, crossing her legs as well. She didn't know how she knew, but she asked, "Are you Tutu?"

"I prefer Tithoes. It's Greek. But no one calls me that. Not anymore..."

"Tithoes," Nina repeated. "Cool name. Better than Tutu, at least. I'm surprised when Alfie first heard it, he didn't make a comedic joke-" Nina stopped herself and changed the subject. "Is Neith holding you here? Your mother?"

"Sadly, but surely. Her little mortal servant has the dream stone, and he's entrapping people into the dream state where they live in their nightmares. It drains my existence. And eventually, I shall no longer exist."

"There has to be a way to get you out. How can I actually get to you?"

"You-you're here. You can only find me in your dreams. If you wish to free me Chosen One, it must be through your dreams."

"That doesn't make sense."

"Does anything to you and your friends really make sense these days?"

"Good point. So, how exactly do I free you through my dreams?"

"Come back as soon as you can. It's too late now; you're waking up."

Nina shot up in her bed, glancing around. She was back in her room, as awake as ever, in the morning. It was Saturday, and she wouldn't have to be mentoring that day. All of that came rushing back to her as she became accustomed back to the real world.

Eventually she headed downstairs, after her shower and freshening up, only to find Erik, Joy's boyfriend, had arrived there. The others were already down in the kitchen as well, but they hadn't eaten yet.

"Had a nice night?" Fabian asked with a smile.

Nina glanced at Erik, not able to reveal anything in front of him. She decided she'd tell them later. "Yeah."

The real reason Erik was there at Anubis house was to propose to Joy. He had the ring in his pocket, and in front of everyone present, he'd ask Joy to be his wife.

Erik tapped his glass and stood up at the table. He flashed a smile at Joy before proceeding with what he was going to say. "I have something to ask to a very special someone in my life," he began as everyone quieted down from conversation. "She's my everything, and without her, life would be a tragic thing. Joy Mercer is the most beautiful gem this world has ever offered me, and I find myself to be crazy about her...I love her-"

"-don't say that," Joy uttered, softly but so everyone could hear. Everyone faced her, and Erik almost couldn't believe what he'd heard.

"Joy!" Nina said, acknowledging her rudeness.

"Don't say that," was all Joy repeated as she stood from the table and left Anubis house.

"Joy?" Erik questioned, along with some of the others around the table as concern was raised.

~~~~~
Did you enjoy this chapter? I hope you did!

Do you think Nina should free Tutu/Tithoes, however it is she'll do it?

Do you think Joy handled the situation correctly?

Until next time, Aristocrats!