Chapter 4: AGAIN Don't Get Caught

After my- oh so quite embarrassing moment- they began to question me. But I kept my mouth shut, and they let it go.

LET IT GO! LET IT GO! CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!

*cough* cough* Sorry!

After finishing our ice creams, we made our way outside and said our goodbyes. We all went our own ways except for Jayden and I. He and I rode in silence.

I wouldn't say it was awkward. It was more, uncomfortable. But, as we made it to our little neighborhood circle he spoke up.

"You know I am sorry right?" He said turning his face to me, stopping the movement of his board with his left foot.

I looked away, stopping my board too.

"I know." I answered quietly still refusing to look his way.

"So why can't you forgive me?" he asked back just as quietly as me. We both stood there for a second waiting for me to answer. I felt tears prick at the back of my eyes but I refused to let them slip.

"Because words hurt, and even though you say you didn't mean it, something deep inside you did. And you might say sorry, you can say sorry a million times but it hurt so much that someone so important to me could be capable of such words you used against me." I said voice cracking and confidence that I usually had all gone.

"It's also hard for me to let people in after all that has happened in the past years."

"But why? Why is it so hard for you to forgive me and let me in? I am sorry Dawn, I really really am. I just want you to let me in, I want to get to know you all over again. You were such a big part of me." he said his voice getting rough and weak.

"I-I-" I began to speak but he shook his head and used his hand to push the air beside him.

"Don't you think that it's hard for me too? How much I've been through the past years. And that I didn't have you by my side either. You stopped coming and when I really needed you, you refused. I always asked for you, I tried calling so many times but you just ignored me. Why is that?" His voiced had now changed and it was loud and clear.

A tear had finally escaped. Had he seriously gone through that much? Is it possible that he went through similar things as I did? That couldn't be possible. He had such nice parents that were always there for him. His dad was still alive and his dad had never hit, yelled, or even spoken bad to him like mine did. So I absolutely refused to believe that he could've gone through something so bad.

I rolled my tongue around my cheek. I sharply turned my stormy gray eyes to look at him. I glared at him with such anger I bet if looks could kill, he would not only be 6 feet under, but also in a coffin full of lava.

I felt another tear go down my tan cheek and his face softened.

He opened his mouth to reply, but I didn't wait to hear him

I picked up my skateboard and jogged the few meters to my house.

I walked inside to an empty house. I put down Khalifa and walked into the kitchen. A note on the fridge read:

DJ,

Me and your mother went out to have drinks with the Walkers. Nicky went over to a friends house. Don't tell your mother this, but go ahead and throw a party. I think you deserve that after all the change I've caused these past few years. Just don't get caught and make sure the house is cleaned by the time we get home tomorrow around 11 a.m. I have packs of beer in the freezer. AGAIN, don't get caught.