Chapter 3: So Red It Would Put Rudolph's Nose To Shame

Once I got home, I parked Usher in the garage. Nicky and I then went to our separate rooms. I then made my way to my bathroom and took a shower. After spending a good fifteen minutes in there, I wrapped the towel around me and began to choose my clothes.

My mom was never too keen on me and my boyish ways. She would almost always choose my clothes for me. But this time I made sure just put something on that she would approve of so she wouldn't get mad and send me back up to change.

I grabbed a pair of black leggings and light baby blue v neck shirt. I then just placed some dark blue flats on my feet. I tied my hair up into a messy ponytail and walked out of my room and to the kitchen. There I found my mom already cooking. I sat myself on a stool at the kitchen counter knowing my mom doesn't want me anywhere near the pots and pans. Never the less knives.

I remember last time she put me to work in the kitchen. Let's just say there was a lot of smoke and the firefighters got involved.

My mom noticed me there and ushered towards the plates and utensils.

"Hey J, could you possibly set the table up? Thanks." she said then turned back towards the stove. i rolled my eyes at her bluntness and got up from my seat.

I then carried the plate mats and plates towards the dinning room and set up enough plate for only four, then set the other four plates in a pile. The 'kids' always eat in the living room while the adults sat at the table.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After all of us young ones made our plates, we made our way towards the living room where Nicky had already gained control of the remote. Jayden and I sat on a couch together while Nicky and Jacob sat on the floor at our feet.

That's when the bickering began.

"let's watch Jurassic Park!"

"No! I say we watch Jaws!"

"Jurassic Park!"

"Jaws!"

"Jurassic Par-"

And so on. In the time that the two were arguing, Jayden and I were able to finish our food. I shook my head at the two going back and forth.

I then got up from the soft gray couch and went towards the dark kitchen. I had heard footsteps behind me. Knowing who it was I continued and placed my dirty dishes in the dish washer. I then turned around and sat a top the nearby counter.

I saw his large dark figure put his dishes away and turned towards me. He got closer and closer as I visibly tensed. He must have notice cause the rest of his steps were more hesitant.

He then made himself comfortable in between my legs. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I felt him place his big hands on my hips. I put my arms on top of his shoulders and inhaled his sent. Memories flooded my head.

Flashback

It was my last day here. I had spent spring break here and now summer. But it was now my last day. Both Brody and JC were here in my room for one last sleepover.

After watching countless movies Brody decided to finally go to sleep and slept on the floor. That's always how it was. Brody would sleep on the floor while I'd be cuddled up with Jayden on the bed.

And that's what we were doing now. He had his arm wrapped around my waist and I was cuddled in his chest. Our faces mere inches apart.

I will admit, I had a crush on him. I always did. From the moment I first met him when I first visited to that time when we all had our first sleep over together and he had farted. I smile at the memory.