chapter 5 § what is it?

I listened to the sounds coming from inside the garage where Stiles' jeep is getting fixed, as I started to think of Scott. We haven't heard from him yet which means to me that something went wrong at the ice rink where Boyd works. I hope Derek didn't hurt him, injuries that are caused by an alpha hurt and are taking longer to heal. Derek has been very distant to me ever since I came back for him. I don't really know why. I'm a part of his pack and I would do anything for him, even though I haven't seen or spoken to him ever since the day of the fire.

"Quality establishment you're running here!" I looked up at Stiles entering the waiting room with a frustrated sigh as he wipes his hand on the sleeve of his hoodie.

"Didn't go so well did it?" I jumped of the table where I was sitting on as I walk over to Stiles who is looking at the picture of the mechanic in a Beacon Hills lacrosse outfit.

"Figures," I mumbled as I look out the window to see the mechanic laying under Stiles' jeep.

I turned to Stiles as I hear his heartbeat increasing, and see his hands shaking. "hey are you okay?"

"Stiles, Stiles! Hey" I tried to get his attention but is focus is fixed on something behind me. I turned back around to see what he's looking at and that's when I noticed, a strange set of claws followed by a lizards looking creature swinging his tale at the mechanic who falls to the ground.

"Ali- Alicia help," I heard a faint sound behind me. I turned to Stiles just in time to catch him before he face planted the floor.

We look back at the mechanic who's laying under the jeep and the lift descending slowly. further and further the lift is coming closer to the point where it would crush the young man.  What the hell is happening?  why is he not moving?

I take my phone out of my pocket and dial 911. A faint crying of screams for help filled the tensed air "Help me. Help me. Help! Help... Help me. Help me. Help me," the mechanic whimpered. I watched  the scene in front of me with tears in my eyes as the lift with Stiles' jeep has now come to a stop, a puddle of blood forming next to the jeep.

I stand back up and with shaking hands I walk towards the door so I can see if the mechanic is really dead or that he got out last minute without me noticing. But before I can open the door I let out a big scream as I fell back on the floor next to Stiles who looks just as terrified as I do. Behind the door the lizard looking creature is hissing at us before it disappears again.

"9 1 1, what's your emergency?"

***************************** 

"I told you, we just... we just walked in and I saw the jeep on top of the guy, that's all," Stiles said to his dad, as we're answering questions about what happened at the mechanic's garage. My hands are still shaking, the sight of the jeep crushing the young man will never leave my mind.

"What's wrong with your hand?" the sheriff asked as Stiles fumbles with his hands. I raised my eyebrow as he answers "Nothing." lie, his heart just skipped a beat.

"Look, if there's something you don't think you can tell me..."

"You think I'm lying?" he asked offended his dad didn't believe him.

"No, of course not. I'm just worried about you. Now, if you two saw someone do this, if you're afraid that maybe they're gonna come back and make sure you don't say anything about it..." the sheriff started but gets interrupted once again by his son. "we didn't see anything, okay?"

"Can we leave now?" I asked politely getting tired of all these questions and I was cold from the pouring rain. Besides I have to speak to Stiles alone, I need to know why he collapsed and why he couldn't move anymore.

"Sure. But not in your jeep. We're gonna have to impound it." A frustrated sigh escaped his lips not happy that he has to leave his precious jeep behind. "Sorry kd, evidence. I'll see you at home," the sheriff stands back up and leaves.

"All right, well, at least make sure they wash it," he said before starts fumbling with his hands again.

"What's wrong with your hands?" I asked taking his hands in mine so I can examine them.

He sighed and placed his hands back on his lap. "I think the reason I got paralyzed is because I touched this slimy stuff that was on the door handle," so that's what Stiles was trying to get of his hands when he entered the waiting room.

"all of a sudden my hand started to tingle and before I knew I didn't feel my body anymore," I looked up from his hands into his eyes, those beautiful, brown eyes.

"hey, you're gonna be okay tonight?" he asked with a concerned expression. I gave him a slight smile and nod. you?"

"yes, I'll be fine" he gives me a smile back before we both walk out on the place where a young man was killed by an unknown creature.

Apparently Scott had heard about the incident because when we wanted to leave the place we got stopped by Scott in his mother's car.

"You okay?" he asked after 10 minutes of silence. I looked at Stiles who was still looking at his lap.

"Yeah," he says eventually "You were right. It's not like you. I mean, its eyes were almost like, reptilian. But there was something about them,"

"What do you mean?"

"You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes and you feel like you know 'em but you just can't figure out who it is?" I said thinking back to the creature, his slit eyes, his razor sharp teeth and his reptilian like skin. But most of all I think back at the look he gave me, like it knew who I was.

"Are you saying you know who it is?" I look back up at Scott whose eyes are fixed on me hoping I could give him that answer.

I nodded my head "No, but I think it knew me."

--------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy this chapter and if you de please vote and comment !

and if not let me know what you don't like :)

Have a nice weekend xxx