chapter 7 § Nice to see you

So after we agreed that we definitely need that book, I figured that Allison might know about it more. My mother told me that hunters have that book so they know what they're dealing with. And just let us happen to be friends with a huntress. So while Scott and Stiles are getting ready for their next class, I'm running to Allison - again.

I see her sitting on the same lunch table she was sitting on just a few minutes ago, probably waiting for another message from Scott.

"Hey, so did he wanna say anything else?" she asked with pleading eyes hoping her boyfriend had another message for her. I take a seat next to her and look up at the clouded sky. A nice fall breeze is brushing in my face and the leaves are falling down the tree on the ground.

"No, but we do have to ask you something. It might help us figure out what that thing is that's terrorizing the town," I said while turning around so I can look her in the eyes again. Her look goes from disappointment to confused when I mention the homicidal lizard that is killing just random people.

"Do you know anything about a bestiary?" she looks at me like I just told her I saw a unicorn fly in the school and begins to laugh just like Scott had done when Stiles and I had told him about the bestiary.

"I think you mean -" She starts still laughing as I interrupt her again a little offended. "No, I mean bestiary," I cross my arms over my chest to let her know that I'm serious.

"Okay, um. Can you describe this thing?" she asked carefully to not piss me of more. It's not that I'm mad at her or Scott for laughing, but it really irritates me that none of them have an idea about this supernatural world. Stiles puts in a lot of effort in helping his friend who's a werewolf and Scott just doesn't appreciate it enough. And Allison should ask her family about all of this, since they like to kill her boyfriend - and my family.

"It's probably like a book. Old, worn - " I remember something about a lot of pages so I immediately think of a book.

"Like, bound in leather?" she asked interrupting me.

"maybe, have you seen something like that?" I asked back finally getting somewhere.

"Stiles! Allison said she saw her grandfather with a book like that," when Allison told me she saw Gerard carrying a book like that I immediately called Stiles to tell him about this new information.

"That's great. Does she also knows where he keeps it?" he asked in excitement and I just know that he does his cute fist pump right know.

"Yes, she said he must have it in his office," I hear Stiles telling everything I just said to Scott before he answers me back.

"Can she get it?" Stiles asked hopefully while Allison who is listing to this conversation nods now.

"Not without his keys," she said

I sigh " Okay, Tonight during lacrosse. We're gonna steal it."

**************

After school the semi- finals of lacrosse started and that's exactly where I am right now. Sitting next to Melissa who I've learnt is Scott's mom. She seems nice, warm brown eyes that are filled with fear as she watches her son on the field playing a very violent game right now. If only she knew what he faces every night.

"I knew I should have brought a warmer jacket," I hear Allison say to Gerard.

I decided to sit just a few steps behind them so 1. Gerard won't notice me and 2. So when Allison gets the keys, I can walk towards Stiles - who is sitting on the bench- and while I'm going there I can take the keys from Allison. Smart plan isn't it? If that damn book is in his office we'll throw a party.