chapter 23 § Happy birthday Lydia!

"What is that?" Isaac asked looking at the red triskele painted on the lid of the chest Derek just opened. Tonight is the full moon which means Erica, Boyd and Isaac will lose control and murder everyone, unless they are tied up. So that's why we have a chest with equipment in it such as chains, ropes and some things that will be very painful for them. But they can't complain, they've chosen for this kind of life.

"It's a triskele," we all glanced at Boyd who is standing next to Erica. "Spirals mean different things - Past, present, future. Mother, father, child."

"You know what it means to us?" I asked pointing at Derek and myself.

Boyd's eyebrows frowned "Alpha, beta, omega?" he asked unsure, glancing between Derek and I.

I nodded, surprised he knows that "That's right. It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas."

"Like Scott?" I glared at Isaac. They need to learn to accept each other. Because once we have to stand face to face with the Kanima or the argents, we have to help each other and not fight each other. That way we're definitely gonna get killed.

Derek turned to Isaac and sighed "Scott's with us."

Isaac started to look around "really? Then where is he now?"

"He's looking for Jackson. Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight either. None of us will," I sighed about the last part. So many things can go wrong. Jackson who can kill someone tonight again, and we won't be able to stop them with 3 chained up werewolves. Scott, Derek and I will never be able to stop him alone. And Lydia's birthday party could be ruined because of that, because I'm pretty sure she invited Jackson.

Derek picked up a few chains out of the chest "There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tonight you're gonna want to kill anything you can find."

"Good thing I had my period last week, then," the three boys huffed, smirking glancing at each other. I rolled my eyes, boys, they are all the same.

I picked up a steel headband with spikes on the inside. "Well, this one's for you," I said smirking giving her the handband.

"So if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for a birthday party. Don't think Lydia will like it if I arrive looking like this," I told them glancing at my ripped jeans and tanktop.

"Alicia be careful tonight," I nodded at my brother telling him I will before leaving them alone with the torture devices.

**********************

"For Lydia," Allison said as we walked over to the Lydia's front door. I sighed and nodded. For Lydia.

Loud music was coming from inside the house and got even louder when Lydia opened the door. We walked inside noticing a few kids, I don't know were already here. "You two look amazing," she smiled wildly. Allison was wearing a short red flowy dress with a flower pattern on it and black heels. And I was wearing a solid black short dress also wearing black heels. I hope I don't have to run tonight, because then I'll have to do it barefoot.

A few minutes later the doorbell rang again. Allison and I decided to help Lydia a little with welcoming the guests and making sure everyone has something to drink. I followed Lydia to the front door holding a plate with filled champagne glasses in one hand. "Happy Birthday!" I heard Stiles say from behind a giant box.

I tilted my head to one side staring at the box, noticing Lydia doing the same. What in the world is in that box? "Yeah! Coming in," he said taking a step forward but got pushed back by the box not fitting through the door. Lydia looked at him unimpressed "Oh, whoa. Can't. Okay. You know, you don't - can you just grab that side, maybe?" I chuckled at his clumsiness.