Chapter 35

There were a lot of people that wanted it in Austin's POV but some others wanted to keep it going. I'm sorry to those you didn't want this chapter.

If you want to see what might be the new cover for this book, follow the instagram I made for this book. The name is TabbyVD

-Not Edited.

Austins POV

I stood there leaning against a thick tree waiting for Avery. God, she knew how to take her time. It was getting late and the sky was dark. What was my decision going to be tonight? Was I going to break up with her, or stay together? I didn't want to break up with her, but being in a relationship was too risky. It was risky because I loved her. I had feelings for her and everyone knew.

The dance was how Andre, Kingsley, Ben, Joel, and Reid planned it to be. Perfect and precise. Everyone loved it, of course. Well except for the glares we received in the back row from Jake and his gang. Avery sat next to them and she seemed to enjoy it, so I wasn't complaining.

Finally she emerged from the large crowds and with the smile plastered on her face when she saw me, put a smile on mine. She was beautiful. Great now i'm some saggy, love struck teen. I use to be the bad boy in both public and private times but now it seems as though Avery changed everything and now i'm only the bad boy in private, well whenever she's not around. It felt weird not doing the things I use to do, and deep down I hated it.

"What took you so long?" I asked when Avery was close enough.

She stopped in front of me and I stood up straight. I was taller than her so she had to look up and I had to slightly bend my head down. "I had to say hello to people" She put a hand on her hip and gave me an dry look.

"You're such a good girl" I rolled my eyes. Seriously, she was, but some people have to be good in the world, I guess. However, she wasn't making it easy for me to decide.

"I have to talk to you" She whispered. I knew she didn't mean it like, oh let's talk about today, there was a hidden message and I had a feeling it would mirror mine.

When we began to walk to the bumper cars, I couldn't help but wrap my hand around hers. I wish this situation wasn't like it was now. With my head spinning over what to decide on; break up? or stay? God knows what was going through her brain, was she thinking the same thing? Or was I going to have a hard time deciding.

I saw Gabby in the corner of the platform, talking to a girl. She knew what was going to happen and coaxed me into it so I didn't say or do anything. Out the corner of my eye, I saw Avery raise her eyebrows in what I assumed was surprise and I didn't blame her, because aren't I supposed to be 'scared'?

We walked over to the closest car and I sat at the wheel while Avery sat in the passenger seat. I gripped the wheels as a voice spoke from the speakers. "Are you all ready?!" Then he began to count down from ten and pronounced the final word by yelling. "Go!"

My foot slammed on the pedal and I turned the wheel so we bumped into other cars. I looked around as I savoured the moment of silence between Avery and I. Okay, I got it, I know what my decision is. Now all I have to do is put it into words.

"...early" I heard the last word of Avery's sentence.

"What?" I asked.

"I love you Avery" Yeah good one Austin, nice choice of words.

When I looked at her a car bumped into us but that didn't matter at the moment. The expression on her face did. Her face had paled. All happiness that masked my face, dropped. "I love you too" She nodded, but looked away. We both knew what would happen at the end of this.