twelve

"Lauren!" Lauren's very tired eyes fluttered open as she heard her name being called. "Oh thank god, you're awake!" Ally exclaimed upon seeing her friend's big green eyes.

"Al...Ally," Lauren muttered, her throat was so dry, as she looked around the sterile environment of the hospital room. "Oh god," Lauren cried as she remembered why she had been in the hospital. "She's dead!"

"Laur, who's dead? Sweetie what are you talking about?" Ally asked, confusion sweeping over, as she looked to her friend.

Lauren looked shock, and suddenly a sense of relief flooded over her, "She didn't die? Thank you God! Thank you! I have to see her!" Lauren quickly flung the covers off of her body, stunned to see that she was no longer pregnant. "Oh my god, I'm not pregnant anymore. Did I have the baby? Where's my new baby?" Lauren's eyes flashed to Ally expecting answers only to see pure confusion. "Where is he?"

"Whoa," Ally responded, Lauren was talking crazy. "Sweetie, no one died and you aren't pregnant and never have been. Maybe you hit your head harder than the doctor's thought."

"Hit my head?" Lauren questioned as she settled under the thin covers once again, trying to digest what her friend had just said.

"You don't remember?" Ally asked her friend who shook her head no. "You have the flu but of course your stubborn self still insisted upon coming to work so you could finish the video on time. You were rehearsing the choreo and you passed out, giving yourself a nasty little concussion as you hit the stage floor."

"Oh," Lauren said quietly as she suddenly remembered the real events of the day. "I was dreaming," a tear rolled down Lauren's cheek, her perfect life had been lost in an instant. "It wasn't real?"

"That must have been some dream, kiddo," Ally said as she reached out to grab Lauren's hand.

"Kiddo," another tear rolled down, followed by another. "That's what you called Anahí."

"Whose Anahí sweetie?" Ally asked, genuinely interested in what Lauren had been through.

"Nobody," Lauren said, as she felt her heart break a little more. It had all been a dream, a beautiful and wonderful dream. She wasn't a wife, she wasn't a mother...and right now she didn't feel like anyone.

"You can tell me anything Lo. Anahí doesn't sound like nobody. And what's this about you being pregnant?" Ally kidded, trying to lighten the mood; Lauren seemed so far away all of a sudden. "Is there something you need to tell me?"

Lauren looked at her best friend; she knew that she could absolutely tell her anything, she already did. "Ally, I had the best dre..."

"Laur! You're up!" Normani exclaimed as she, Dinah and Chris rushed into the room. They'd only left a few minutes earlier to check out the cafeteria but it was closed until dinner.

"Lauser, we've all been so worried about you," Dinah flung herself into Lauren's arms.

"Dinah Jane, be careful," Ally scolded as Dinah released Lauren and Chris hurried to hug his sister. "She has a concussion you know and pneumonia."

"Pneumonia?" Lauren questioned as Normani gave her a hug. "I thought you said I had the flu."

"Well it turns out you have pneumonia," Normani explained. "We just saw your doctor, who by the way would probably want to know that you're awake. Dinah go let him now."

"Me?" Dinah questioned. "Why do I have to go? Why can't you move your lazy ess for once and... Fine, I'll go," Dinah huffed as she saw her four friends staring at her in the middle of her little tirade. "But only because I have to go to the bathroom too."