three

+=+=+=+=+

As much as she wanted to take a nice long relaxing shower, there was so much for Lauren to do, so she settled for a quick shower. She hadn't even seen the rest of her own house yet and she was just dying to see it.

"Ok, first things first, the closet," Lauren said to herself as she stepped out of the very spacious two person shower and grabbed a towel. A two person shower, whose idea was that? Lauren grinned, she was sure that it must have seen plenty of action. After drying off, she headed into her huge walk in closet, she could definitely get used to that. Thank goodness all of the maternity clothes seemed to be on the closest shelves. Lauren quickly threw on a cashmere sweater and a pair of maternity jeans, before she was off to look at the rest of the house. She decided to head downstairs first, she was still wondering why they needed another Christmas tree when they already had two. She was about to start descending the stairs when a now familiar voice called her name.

"Mommy!"

Lauren stopped, turned around and headed towards Anahí's bedroom. So much for the personal tour.

Lauren couldn't keep her giggles to herself as she stood in the doorway of the girls' shared bathroom. Camila looked up at the noise and couldn't help but blush.

"I'm doing Anahí's hair," she said stubbornly as she continued on what appeared to be a braid.

"I can see that, honey," Lauren smiled as Anahí looked at her, as if saying 'help me.' "Why don't I finish up?"

"Ok," Camila pouted at the mess in front of her. "At least I tried."

"That's right you did try, and it was very sweet of you honey," Lauren replied. "But I wouldn't quit your day job." Lauren laughed and Camila wrinkled her nose at her.

"Whatever. Come on Em, lets get you all bundled up downstairs," Camila picked Emmi up from the counter and left the bathroom, giving her wife a kiss on the cheek on the way out.

"Mommy don't ever let her do my hair again," Anahí said as Lauren began to undo what Camila had started.

"Aww sweetie she tried," Lauren smiled.

"Its sooo bad," Anahí scrunched up her nose, just like her mother only seconds earlier.

"It could be worse," Lauren replied. "And you should be happy that you have such a wonderful Mama who would even want to help to do your hair, some little girls aren't as lucky as you and your sister. Your Mama loves you so much." Lauren smiled down at the little girl standing in front of her. Lauren really believed what she had just said; Camila was an amazing mother to the girls and could tell that she loved them with her whole heart. She loved them too, ironic since she had only known them for several hours, but they made her feel whole, Camila too. How she had ended up in this life, she wasn't sure, but one thing was for sure: she absolutely adored it. She was genuinely happy and she felt loved, feelings that she hadn't felt in a long time. "There," Lauren said with a triumphant smile after she had brushed out the tangles and had given her daughter a set of pigtails.

"Thanks Mommy," Anahí turned around and threw her arms around her Mother's waist, or what was left of it.

"You're welcome. Now come on, I'm sure Mama and Emmi are waiting patiently for us," Lauren ushered her daughter out of the bathroom. They soon joined Camila and Emmi in a big closet off the kitchen that seemed to house all of the coats, hats, scarves, etc. Anahí immediately went for her boots by the back door. "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," Lauren said as she looked at Emmi who was sitting on the bench, in her winter coat and bundled to the extreme in a hat, scarf and mittens, her adorable little face was barely visible.