eleven

I'm sorry for the sadness.

+=+=+=+=+

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Cabello," Rose held onto Lauren's arm, for fear that the young woman might pass out. "Let me take you to your family."

"Camz," Lauren whimpered her name as the tears flooded down her cheeks.

"It's alright dear," Rose helped Lauren walk out the door where Alejandro, Sinu, and Sofi were still waiting, smiles on their faces ready to see their daughter and sister.

"Oh god," Sinu cried as she saw Lauren's face. "Oh god, oh god no!"

"I'm so sorry," Rose told the four again.

"Alejandro," Sinu sobbed as she clutched onto her husband's shirt for dear life.

"I...I," Alejandro was speechless as he felt his own eyes burn with hot tears. "She's...Camila's de..." he couldn't even finish it, he felt incredibly sick in the pit of his stomach. Camila couldn't be dead. Not his baby girl.

Sofi felt like she was going to be sick herself, leaning against the wall as she absorbed the news. Her big sister. Her best friend. Dead.

Lauren looked to Sinu and Alejandro and felt terrible, absolutely terrible. As much as she was hurting, she was hurting too. Her daughter had died, her pride and joy. No matter the age, no parent should ever have to bury a child. "I...I need to sit down."

"Of course," Rose strengthened her hold on Lauren as she led her to the waiting room where Mike, Clara, Dinah, Normani and Ally had been anxiously awaiting their return. The Cabello's followed slowly, still holding onto each for dear life.

"Hey, how'd it..." Dinah stopped when she saw everyone's somber faces enter the room. This is not what they had been expecting, they were hoping for a happy report from Lauren, Alejandro, Sinu and Sofi.

"What...what happened?" Normani asked slowly as she reached for Ally's hand, afraid of the answer.

Rose glanced at Lauren, Sofi, Alejandro and Sinu and knew they were at a loss for words, "I'm afraid that Mrs. Cabello did not make it," Rose said solemnly only causing Lauren, Sofi and Sinu to sob even harder.

"What?" Clara was in shock as she rushed over to her daughter, taking her in her arms.

"Mrs. Cabello needs to sit down," Rose said quickly seeing Lauren waver on her feet.

"Oh my baby girl," Clara and Rose helped Lauren to a chair while Alejandro, Sinu and Sofi continued to hug each other by the door.

"Mani," Ally let out as her own tears flooded her eyes, she hugged her girlfriend knowing how broken she felt. Her best friend, a girl she considered a sister, passed away.

"I...I have to go...get some air," Dinah pushed past the hugging couple and quickly ran out of the room. Ally was at a loss for words as she looked at her friend and her shattered family. She wasn't sure if she should go after Dinah or stay to support Lauren.

Mike quickly joined Clara and Lauren. Clara sat down next to her daughter and continued to hold her as she bawled. Every part of Lauren was in pain, extreme pain that didn't feel like it would ever end.

"I....I don't want to be here anymore," Lauren cried on her mother's shoulder.

"Its alright sweetheart," Mike choked back tears as he rubbed her back.

"No...no it's not alright," Lauren whimpered. "It's all a dream, it has to be a dream!"

"Here," Normani reached for a box of tissues off the nearest table, still embracing Ally. She didn't know what to do but she couldn't stand to see her best friend in so much pain.