Chapter 14

"Well, glad to know your still alive and breathing?" Naomi hissed through the phone.

Neveah could tell that Nay was pissed off at her and she could understand. It been a whole month since the last time they seen or talk to each other.

"Nay, I'm so sor-"

"No!" Naomi yelled, causing Neveah to move her phone away from her ear. "Do you know what I'm going through right now! Huh? Do you have any idea how scared I was because I couldn't find you? I went to your apartment to find out that you don't live there anymore. Your mom don't know where you're at, your dad called the police and filed a missing person report.

"Nev you don't have a phone and lets not talk about Rory. We were scared to death! Where the hell are you?" Naomi questioned.

"I'm fine Nay," she promised. “I’m staying at a friends house.”

“Friend?” Naomi asked. “I have been your friend since we were in diapers. I’m your only friend.” Naomi knew that there was something that Neveah wasn’t telling her and she was going to get to the bottom of it. They been friends since forever and it wasn’t like Neveah to just up and leave without a phone call or even tell her exactly where she was. She had been thinking the worst! “Give me the address that your at! I’m coming over.”

Neveah tried her best to stop Naomi from overreacting but it was no use. After countless of times of her nagging her about the address, Neveah finally coughed it up and gave it to her. One thing she was happy about Naomi coming over because she wouldn’t have to deal with Diane all by herself.

Thirty minutes later when,  Naomi pulled up she couldn't believe how nice the house was and how close Neveah was to her all this time. She got out of her car and walked up to Neveah who was waiting on her at the doorstep and hugged her tight. “Girl I missed you. I'm really glad you're okay but call a chick next time."

“Don’t worry,” Neveah spoke. “As you can see I am perfectly fine and Rory is great!”

“And your glowing,” Naomi pointed out as she stepped inside the house. She scanned the area and shook her head in amazement.  The house was so breathtaking it looked like it came from straight out of Home Beautiful magazine. Turning around to look at her friend, she saw that Neveah was blushing. Hard. “Who’s house is this and why are you staying in it?”

Neveah ushered her into the kitchen to make them some coffee and talk.

She sat down next to her friend on a stool and told her everything. From bumping into Phillip that day at the coffee shop to him leaving to Tokyo for a business trip. Of course since Naomi knew everything about Neveah, she told her all the dirty details about her and Phillip these past few weeks. Neveah had no choice to tell Naomi about his mother who barged in unannounced like she did a couple of nights ago and told her word for word what she said to her.

Her friend bunched her eyebrows together. “Yea right,” Naomi said not believe a word she said. “The way you describing her and telling me what happened it seems that Diane is a complete bitch who needs to be put in her place.”