Chapter 18

The look on Laura’s face gave off a warning sign to Neveah. What was wrong with people? First Phillip’s mom, then Stephan and now his so called ex-fiance. Neveah was getting pretty tired that people wouldn’t leave them alone and right now she just felt like giving Laura a piece of her mind.

“What do you want?” Neveah snapped at her, getting irritated by the minute. “If you're here to break me and Phillip apart then you can leave right now because your little tricks is not going to work. We are not going to let anybody come between us.”

With every word she stepped closer to Laura, making her back up into a nearby wall. For a moment, Neveah forgot where she was. Her normal, calm and collected demeanor was replaced by a woman who was protective of what was hers. Her face was consumed in anger, nose was flaring, her eyes seeing nothing but red.

It’s been a long time since she was happy and now that she found her happiness she wasn’t about to let someone snatch it away from her.

“Whoa there sweetheart," Laura laughed. "I come in peace."

"Yea right!" Neveah kissed her teeth. “You and Phillip’s mother have motives as to why you guys are still here. Both of you need to leave. Clearly your not relevant because he called off the engagement”

“Sweetie, you need to calm down,” Laura laughed. “Like I said, I come in peace. In fact I just left Phillip’s office.”

Neveah shook her head. “Don’t tell me to calm down!”

“Look!” Laura shouted. “I know Phillip would kill me if he found out that I was talking to his girlfriend but I thought it was best to talk to you anyways. Woman to woman and nothing less.”

Glaring at her, Neveah kept her mouth shut. “Me and Phillip are done, been finished for so long-”

“Why are you back?” Neveah broke her minute silence. “Did Diane promise you something.”

“Let me finish,” Laura started. Neveah waved her hand to continue. “Like I said, me and Phillip are done. I don’t love him anymore and I miss our friendship we had before our relationship. As you already have figured it out, his mother can be a bitch sometimes and doesn’t like you.

“She offered to pay off all my debt and give me an additional  five hundred thousand dollars to somehow break you guys apart. My surprise when she found out my number and where I lived, but a person with so much money can find anyone like me,” Laura sigh deeply. “I told her that it was going to be impossible to try and break you guys up because I know how determine Phillip can be. She told me to at least try and even if I failed she would pay me.