Chapter 13

Phillip was trying to contain his anger. Blue balls was definitely not a look that he didn’t want to have. The next time him and Neveah were getting freak was going to be in the comfort and uninterrupted place of their bedroom. Being spontaneous was no longer on his list. They were so close to making love that Phillip was tempted to tell his mother to wait outside until him and Neveah were finish.

As he sat across from his mother in the family room, he waited for Neveah to come back from changing and checking on Rory. He didn’t want to be alone with his mother. It was just too awkward since the last time they spoken was on bad note.

“How are you son?”  She spoke softly to her son.

Phillip couldn’t help from snorting loudly. His mother was the last person he wanted to see and judging by her unannounced visit it had to be serious.... On second thoughts, everything to Diane Tyson was “serious”. Sitting back on the sofa, Phillip got a good look at his mother. Her hair was pent up in a french roll. Styled in some grey Donna Karen slacks and white button thru blouse, Diane sat back with her head held high. Twenty-four carat diamond earrings in her ears and a white diamond bracelet that his father gave her for their twentieth anniversary. From where he was sitting, Phillip could smell her expensive Chanel No. 5 perfume.

In Philip's eyes, she couldn’t be even more bourgeois. To this day, he still couldn’t believe that this was the women who gave birth to him. Money definitely changes people.

“Fine and you Diane?” Phillip hissed, calling his mother by her name.

“Don’t start Phillip,” Diane begun. “Whether you believe me or not, I didn’t come over to start any trouble-”

Diane looked up when Neveah entered the family room and sat down next to Phillip. His arm snaked around her possessively. Looking her up and down she spoke, “Phillip, introduce me to this lovely lady.”

Both Neveah and Diane waited for Phillip to introduce them to each other but he just stared at his mother. It wasn’t until he received a nudge from neveah’s elbow, getting his attention.

“Diane, this is Neveah my girlfriend,” he introduced, “Nev this is Diane-”

“His mother,” she interrupted, knowing that her son wouldn’t introduce her as the one that gave birth to him.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” Neveah replied.

“I wish I could say Phillip has told me much about you but I can’t,” Diana smiled. “But i guess I will just have to get to know you for myself.”

Phillip couldn’t sit there another moment having idle chit chat with her. There was always a motive when dealing with his mother and it was always the wrong motive in his eyes. The women in front of him was one of the many reason why his recent relationship went south. It seemed like all the ‘problems’ in his life lead to her and getting away from his mother was at the top of his list. So thats what he did.