Chapter 6

Just as Neveah was about to pick up a heavy box, Phillip quickly stopped her and took it from her. Although  he wanted to talk about that small kiss that she gave him, he wasn’t so sure if it was the right time. He didn’t want to run her off when he just basically got her to trust him. So he continued to help her pack of the few things that she wanted to bring and brought them out to his truck. She didn’t have a lot of valuables and Phillip expected that since she was living in a rat hole.

It was hard for him to just tell her to forget about everything and he would buy her new things but it seemed as though, the stuff that she did bring along was sentimental to her. Especially when they got to her son’s room. Neveah explained to him that when she was working at the diner that her seventy-five dollar paycheck every week went to Rory. That it was extremely hard to get him what he wanted because he needed so much but she just couldn’t give his wants. When she began to cry he went to her with his arms open and she turned into him crying into his well defined chest.  While he closed his arms around her and just held her, comforting her.

After a while she stop crying and soon became overwhelmed with embarrassment. But that was the cry she needed, to let go all of her pain. She rarely cried she believed she needed to stay strong before anyone thought she was weak. And now look; she was crying in front of this man she had just met but felt so at ease with.

Phillip, seeing that she was alright and done letting it all go pulled her back a little "I'm glad you got that out because it sounded like you needed it, and its okay to cry. You can always cry  when you're in front of me babe."

Neveah just looked at him kind of like a deer caught in headlights because she didn't know what you do or say. Sensing that she was slightly uneasy, Phillip decided that he would take charge.

"Why don't you go wash your face babe while I finish in lil man's room." Neveah just absentmindedly nodded, still stunned.

Neveah went into the bathroom and washed the tear tracks and cool the puffiness of her eyes. After drying her face with a towel she looked in the mirror. 'I got to get my shit together.' She started talking to her reflection in the mirror . 'Why do I feel so comfortable with this man?'

Was she going to embrace what she was starting to feel ,which was obviously attraction as of right now?

Neveah may seem crazy by talking to a mirror which reflected herself. Even though what she was doing was crazy this is what she did when she needed to talk out her problems and it was nobody but her around.

Shaking her head and mentally freeing her brain of all her sorrows, Neveah took a deep breath got herself together and walked back out there to help Phillip.

By time she walked back out there Phillip had packed up all of Rory room. Since his room was the last room they just needed to put his stuff in Philip's truck and because it wasn't a lot they didn't need a moving truck. Once everything was settled, Neveah grabbed her purse and took one last look at her apartment. But it wasn't hers anymore. It made her sad that yet again she was defeated. It was when she felt a hand on her left shoulder that she pulled herself together.

"Are you ready hun?" Phillip asked her, as he squeezed her shoulder. Neveah turned around to look up at him and gave him a smile, but it didn’t quite reach her eyes and Phillip noticed that. She took out her keys and put them on the counter.

“Now I am,” she whispered.

Phillip put his arm around her shoulders and gave her a half hug. He pressed his lips on her forehead and Neveah didn’t complain. Knowing that it was quite fast for Phillip to be showing her so much affection, Neveah still  felt very comfortable. Calling her ‘babe’ or ‘hun’, even the look in his eyes showed more love than she had received in years from a man. Yeah, she was definitely at her weakest being vulnerable but especially since they just met. Neveah knew that it was too good to be true so again, she just decided to have fun while it lasted.