I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven (Blake's POV)

That was probably the worst thing I had ever done in my entire life. I had a splitting headache from racing out of Emily's house like the devil was on my tail and almost tripping over Danny was no fun either. We were in my car and heading back down the road before I knew it. The car ride was silent, though, much to my disappointment.

Danny just stayed silent, sitting in the passenger's seat while holding Emily's diary. He stared at it like it was some kind of monster ready to eat his face off. It would've amused me if I wasn't so uneasy about our earlier conversation in the closet. Or what was going through Danny's head.

He would've normally leapt out of the closet right away, scowling and yelling at me for being so close, but he actually stayed and had sort of a conversation. I felt like he was asking me "Do you like me like that?" And I so badly wanted to answer "Yea, and I can't stand it." Because it was the truth. I couldn't stand the feeling I had in my chest, the thoughts that ran through my head.

I liked who I liked, though. And I would have to deal with it, whether I wanted to or not.

I pulled up into the drive way in time to see a black truck sitting just off to the side of the driveway. I frowned deeply and I watched Danny blink in surprise, staring at it before looking at me.

"Is that your uncle?"

"He must be home... Look, when we go in there, keep your 'I hate gays' to a minimum. My uncle's one of those hippies." I muttered as I pushed the car door open. Danny scrambled out and followed close behind me, tucking Emily's diary in the flap of my leather jacket that he still wore. And I'd never get over how attractive he looked in it.

We walked inside to the smell of hot and spicy stir-fry. I could hear it hissing and sizzling from the kitchen and the sound of The Raconteurs blaring from the radio speakers. I gestured for Danny to follow me and we walked down the hallway. Unfortunately, it wasn't just my uncle in the kitchen.

Rick was all dressed in a jean vest over a black wife beater to match his ratty jeans and boots. He sat on one of the island stools, holding a Budlight in a tight grip before he looked up to see Danny and I walk in. A grin broke his face, making me sick to my stomach.

I hated how he stared at Danny like he was a piece of meat. Was I hypocrite in saying that?

"Well, well, look who it is. Blake and his boyfriend." Rick mused. I glared daggers at him and looked up as my uncle turned around from the stove. And what a mess he was. He had a layer of stubble across his face and disappearing up into his touseled dark hair, his matching eyes watching us enter with surprise. He was wearing a crisp clean black button up shirt with baggy blue jeans covered in food.

"Blake has a boyfriend?" He asked, perplexed.

"No, I most certainly do not," I seethed, then cleared my throat at the look my uncle gaze me before I nudged my head at Danny, "He's a kid from school that I'm doing a project with. I forgot to mention that he's staying the night tonight, so do us the favor of not harrassing us?"

"That means you, Rick," Vic exclaimed, then glared over at Rick, who glared at me for tattling, "Have you been bothering them? You better keep it in your pants, boy, or you won't have anything to keep in there."

"I feel threatened." Rick stated.

"I don't threaten children. I promise them."

"I am not a child!"

"You are so long as you live under this roof. Now set the table, Rick. I want to get to know Blake's friend." Vic looked over at Danny, who shifted a little uneasily. Rick got up in annoyance, trudging over to the dinner table in the next room. We walked further into the kitchen as Vic went back to cooking.