I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve (Danny's POV)

Oh god, oh god, oh god. I couldn't sleep. The night before homecoming and I was lying in bed, glaring up at the ceiling and trying to plan out how tomorrow would go in my head, but it was a lot harder than planning a date with a girl.

With a girl, you just had to bring cash to spend on her and make sure she was near her friends.

How the hell did you plan a date with a guy if you're a guy too?

Blake has enough money to fill three Olympian size swimming pools and a few extra kiddie pools, so there was no way I could bring money and hope it meant something. And Blake had no friends, so option two was out the window.

Oh god, and how could I show up after missing four days of school because of my wrist? Especially with Blake? Everyone would freak out. What kind of idiot am I to ask him to the homecoming game? It's where everyone we hate is, everyone who hates us.

My gut wrenched as I rolled over on my side, avoiding my tender wrist. I writhed uncomfortably still and tried to toss the other way and ended up smashing my wrist between my chest and the bed so a low cry escaped my mouth and I sat upright, throwing my head back and gritting my teeth as pain throbbed in my wrist.

God, why? Why did all this have to happen?

I couldn't like Blake the way he liked me. No way, it was curiosity.

Or lust. Yea... No, ew, no way. I didn't want him like that. He was a guy!

A guy who, whenever he kissed me, made me forget everything else and want more of his mouth. I wanted his fingers to stroke my hair, his big hands to move down my sides and cup my-

No! Noooo, no. Bad, Danny! Bad! Think of something else! Anything else!

Yea right. Even Chuck Norris would have trouble thinking of something else. I heaved myself to my feet, grimacing at the pain in my wrist as I stumbled out of my room to head to the kitchen for my pain meds. I tripped and almost fell down the stairs, but managed to catch myself as I made it to the kitchen in one piece.

I popped open the bottle and dumped a couple pills in my mouth before dunking my head in the sink, turning the faucet on and drowning the pills down my throat. I pulled away, wiping my mouth off and breathing heavily.

Damn it... Part of me loathed that all this shit was freaking happening to me. Why me? What the fuck did I ever do to deserve all this shit? I moaned miserably and dropped my head onto the edge of the sink repeatedly.

"You already have a broken wrist, you don't need a concussion, retard." I stiffened and straightened up, whirling around to see Devin standing in the doorway in his Superman pajama pants to match the long sleeved shirt he wore. He also had a scowl etched onto his face, his hair tousled from rolling around in bed.

"I thought you were asleep." I murmured quietly. Devin shook his head and walked further into the kitchen to avoid our parents hearing us from the staircase.

"I can't sleep after all that shit that happened. Blake's been over here every day since you came home looking like crap, and not to mention, you actually went over there too! By free will! I thought all this was because he was forcing you or something, but... Now I realize you've been doing it because you actually want to." He explained, his voice tinged with ice. I flinched, stepping away from him and cradling my arm against me.

"Look, Devin, I'm as confused as you are-"

"What is there to be confused about," Devin demanded, whirling to face me, so I felt like I was staring in a mirror, "You're not supposed to like him. God, Danny. You could've liked anyone else. Emily, Katie, hell, I even would've settled for you and Stone of all people."