4 - Hey Jude

Dedication to secondGENESIS, le winner of le mini mini contest from chapter 1. ROSIE is her WHOLE character prize. I take no credit for how awesomesauce Rosie is and can only hope I did her imagination justice.

Random trivia dedication will go in the NEXT chapter. I still have to pick one XD Hehe.

Listen to Hey Jude by The Beatles (sidebar). It's one of their very best songs.

I also rant at the very end of this chapter so if you want to see that, READ ON.

4 – Hey Jude

“Lennon?”

I looked up to a confused – and for once, messy-haired – Paul. “What's going on?” he asked.

I looked around me. Nothing looked especially out of place. “What do you mean?”

He narrowed his cornflower blue eyes at me. “Don't shιt with me, Lenn.”

“Paul, I'm not shιtting with you,” I sighed. I could feel myself get frustrated at how my brother could sometimes expect people to be on the same mental train he was on. “I really don't know what the hell you're talking about.”

Finn cleared his throat and flashed a nervous smile, pointing to himself. “I think he's asking about me.”

I looked at Finn then back at my brother and raised an eyebrow. “Seriously, Paul? You'd think you would have learned something after the whole thing with Carter.”

Paul had been especially bιtchy about me dating Carter Jones last year – or about me dating anyone, period. After weeks of Paul 'running into' my dates with Carter – which ended up in Paul joining us on our dates – I finally got fed up and exacted revenge on the one thing I knew would shut him up: his hair.

Turns out, I was pretty handy with a razor and a bottle of shaving cream.

And who knew Paul couldn't pull off a three inch wide bald patch in the middle of his head?

My brother swallowed nervously, clearly remembering the weeks he had to wear a beanie to school to hide what George and I had lovingly begun calling 'the airport runway'.

Seeing Paul helplessly tug on that beanie for fear that George or I would suddenly whip it off his head had definitelybeen worth two weeks of being grounded.

That was, for sure, one of the best pranks I'd pulled in my lifetime.

“I-I wasn't talking about this,” his hand moving shakily as he pointed at the space between me and Finn. “I was just asking what you're doing here so early,” he quickly recovered.

“Sure you were,” I replied with a flat voice. “Anyway, I finished with the stupid diagnostic exam for MATHletes so I came here to wait for the two of you to finish kicking ballsaround.”

I laughed at my own lame joke but Paul just continued to stare at me. In fact, he'd begun to frown.

“Lenn, there are bleachers. Why couldn't you sit and wait there?”

Paul was pissed off about me sitting next to a shirtless boy, I could tell that much. I would have explained that there really wasn't anything going on between me and Fitch – except maybe for some very light and almost nonexistent flirting – but I was bored.

If there was one cure any type of boredom, it was to mess with Paul's head.

I smirked. “Paul, you see these two blue things in the middle of my face? I don't know if they taught you this in kindergarten but they're what we call eyes. Now, you see, how eyes work, they take pictures of the world and then they tell you stuff. For example, the fact that there are bleachers over there? My eyes told me that ten minutes ago.”