3.7; "I promise."

R I L E Y

I walked over to my couch, as I carried a few suitcases in my hands to my dad. My mom and dad, and Auggie, were going to my aunts for the weekend. I couldn't go, because I have to stay to do my science project here with Lucas, since it was due Monday. Honestly I wasn't upset that I couldn't go, I'd much rather have a weekend to myself, with no stress or anxiety.

"Okay, all of our phone numbers are pinned up on the fridge, even though you have them in your phone, anyway. Food is in the cabinets and Maya and her grandma are obviously right above you, don't stay out late and-" I cut my mom off so she could breathe. "I'll be fine, mom. I got it." I giggled with a smile. My mom instantly let out a sigh of relief, with a slight chuckle. My dad came up behind her, as he took her hand. They both smiled at me.

"We know you will. Be safe. I love you." My mom spoke, as she kissed the side of head and engulfed me into a hug, until I felt like I semi-couldn't breathe. "M-mom-can't b-b-" "Let her go, women, you're suffocating her!" Auggie suddenly exclaimed, as he made his way in-between me and my mom. My mom let go and we all laughed.

I bent down and gave Auggie a hug. "Have fun." I whispered to him, before I walked over and gave my dad a hug. They made there way finally out the door, before I waved them off.

"Love you!" My dad said, as they started walking down the hall. "Love you too." I laughed, as I waved goodbye before shutting the door.

I turned around, to look at the silent apartment before me. I lightly smiled. I get a whole weekend to myself, literally.

Well, me and.. Lucas.

Lucas.

I quickly pulled out my phone, to check the time.

7:25.

"Shit! I'm going to be late." I mentally cursed myself. I quickly rushed into my room to grab my backpack, before I rushed out the door to head to the subway.

.........

I began to shuffle through my locker, as I struggled to set my one hundred pound science books above me. I let out a murmur in distress, as I barely managed to lift my books. Hey, it wasn't my fault, they were legit like one hundred pound books.

Suddenly, I felt a hand creep up to the small of back, making goosebumps arise allover my body. It felt like all of the oxygen and air were being sucked out of my body, I was unable to breath.

I knew who it was. With just one touch, he made my soul burn with fire, passion. With just one touch, I could tell who it was without even looking to see him. He's the only one who as ever made me feel like this after all.

Suddenly, the weight was lifted off of my shoulders as he placed my books above for me, his hand lightly grazing against mine.

I let go, and turned around. I felt my back lay against the lockers behind me, the space between me and Lucas began to close slightly. I stared into his mesmerizing eyes that I could look at for hours, and find something new in them every second.

Not one word. We haven't said one word to each other yet.

He fixated his eyes on me, but I could see his eyes trail from my eyes down to my lips. My breathing increased, and I couldn't help but stare at his either.

He was absolutely beautiful, a beautiful angel.

"T-Thank you." I managed to choke out, as I lightly gulped. Suddenly, he gently smiled, before backing away slightly. Caught up in the moment? Maybe. Did I mind it? Not at all. I felt a blush creep upon my cheeks.