0.5; "He saved me."

R I L E Y

My heart was racing as I trampled across my room, rushing to get dressed. Today was my second day. I slept in late and didn't even have time for breakfast. I threw on a floral printed dress, straightened my hair and slipped on some black leather vans. As I was going to grab my bag, I suddenly heard a loud "HEY!"

I screamed, jumping in fright. I turned around, and Maya was sitting outside of my open bay window. "What the heck!?" I said, breathing unsteadily now. Maya was just laughing. "It's not funny!" I hissed. "Actually it is." She giggled, climbing in through the window. "How did you even get outside my window!?" I asked. She sat down in the window. "Well, there's this thing called a fire escape, and I live right above you. Literally. I heard you blasting Beyoncé last night and I clearly knew that was you considering my bedroom is right above yours." She said, pressing her lips together. I let out a groan. "Just don't scare me like that again." I said, fake pouting. She threw her head back, laughing. "Let's get to school." She shook her head. I grabbed my bag and we waltzed out the door.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

"We have PE today, don't we?" I internally groaned. Farkle sadly nodded. I sighed, closing my locker shut. I saw Lucas at his locker which wasn't far from mine. I ignored his gaze. Maya saw me looking, and she was trying not to grin. I stuck my tongue out at her.

I always hated PE. Considering the fact that I usually always had anxiety attacks back in middle school during PE. Nobody but my family knows that I have anxiety, it's not a bad case though. It only happens ever once in awhile, very rare occasions. It was worse back in middle school. I think it was because I always fed myself up about getting straight A's, yup, I completely blame my tests for anxiety!

"We need to go get changed, Riley." Maya said, pointing to the clock. I nodded. Farkle said he would meet up with us at PE, since me and Maya had to go get my PE clothes from the office. Once we did we headed to the girls locker room. I quickly changed, opening up the mini locker and shoving my phone in. I looked in the mini mirror, pulling my hair up into a ponytail. I suddenly heard giggles come from behind me. I turned around to see a group of three girls, two of them I've never seen before, probably because I'm usually off wondering at school in my own world. But the girl in the middle, she was the one who gave me a dirty look when I first stepped into the classroom yesterday.

"Riley Matthews, the new girl right?" The familiar girl asked. I hesitantly shook my head, before smiling. "That's me." I said. She smiled, but it seemed evil. Her sleeves were ripped off her gym t shirt, able to see her hot pink sports bra. Her shorts could pass as underwear and the amount of mascara she had on was astonishingly scary.

"Well, I'm Missy Bradford. And I just wanted to give you a warm welcoming." She said with a forced smile, walking up to me. Suddenly Maya walked around the corner. "What the hell do you want Missy?" Maya suddenly spat, standing in front of me. Whoa. They must not get along..

"Just giving the new girl a warm welcoming message, aka, if I see you with Lucas Friar again, you'll regret it. I've seen him look at you, and I don't like it. If I see you talk to him again, you won't know what's coming for you, Riley Matthews. Back off, he's mine." She growled at me, before dramatically heading into the gym with her two friends.

"Bitch!" Maya exclaimed. "Tell me about it." I huffed. "Who does she think she is? She can't tell me what to do." I said. "She's always drooled over Lucas. She finally became desperate enough and Lucas went out with her. Suddenly she thinks no other girl can talk to him." Maya said sarcastically. I pursed my lips together. "I'm not going to let her get to me. Besides, I have no intentions on talking to Friar anyway, so it doesn't matter." I said, closing the mini locker. "You're brave." Maya said. "I try." I smiled before we both headed out.