1.8; "Lost in time."

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V

"I'll buy the tickets and popcorn." Lucas urged. Riley shook her head. "No, a friend doesn't let her other friend pay for the whole thing. I'll buy the tickets." Riley replied, setting her hands down on the counter. The lady working the ticket booth looked utterly confused.

"I'm trying to be nice here Riley, I'm paying. Now what movie?" Lucas asks. Riley lets out an annoyed huff. "Mocking Jay part 2, and I really don't want you to pay for everything-" Riley replies in a bothered tone, starting to pull out her money but Lucas gently takes her hand.

"I got it." He whispers.

Riley is just stunned. Lucas gives the lady the money, before dragging Riley through the entrance. Riley whacked his arm.

"Ow!" Lucas yelped, holding his shoulder. "What was that for?" Lucas whined.

"For not letting me pay for something." Riley said, trying to not let a little laugh escape. It was kind of funny to her.

Lucas furrowed his eyebrows. "Yeah, well sorry for being nice." He shook his head.

They both walked up to the food counter.

"Popcorn and chocolate please." Lucas asked the guy at the counter. The guy nodded at Lucas before looking over at Riley, looking her up and down, making her shiver. What a pervert, she thought. Lucas noticed and his jaw clenched. "Thank you." Lucas said quite loudly. The guy at the counter glared at Lucas, before walking off to get the food.

"Thank you." Riley suddenly said. Lucas looked over to her. "Yeah. It's just whatever, it's what friends do right." He slightly smiled. Lucas was actually being kind, Riley liked this side of him very much.

The guy came back and rang up the amount of money.

"I'm going to pay for this though. Here." Riley said, handing the guy the money. "Thank you miss." He smirked. Riley scoffed as he handed Lucas the popcorn and chocolate. They quickly headed off towards the theater entrance.

"Lucas, wait." Riley said, stepping in front of him, almost making Lucas trip over himself. "Yeah?" He asked curiously. "Can you promise me something?" Riley hesitantly asked, as she bit the side of her lip. Lucas just stared into her eyes, he could get lost in them in a matter of a second. She had so much hope buried beneath them, he could see it. He could practically read her like an open book, and she didn't even know it.

"I'm not very good at keeping promises." He replied. Riley face was emotionless for a moment, before she suddenly smiled. Lucas was surprised, she actually wasn't pissed at something he said for the first time in forever.

"I'm not the best at keeping them either. I promised my friend once that I wouldn't ever tell her mother that her daughter ate a cookie when she wasn't supposed to, I broke that promise." Riley replys. Lucas chuckles. "How does that even correlate to what I'm saying? Come on, we're going to miss the movie." Lucas groaned again, as he started to walk off but Riley stopped him once more, holding her hands on his chest.

"Just tell me that you'll be honest with me. For us to maybe get to know each other a little if we're going to get along." Riley asked hopefully. Lucas just looked at her for a moment, before responding.

"Fine." Was all he said. Riley smiled in victory. Just then Lucas looked down, realizing her hands were still on his body. He smirked. Riley noticed it too and quickly pulled away.

"I don't mind you keeping them there." Lucas chuckled. Riley lightly whacked his arm with a small giggle. "Come on, let's hurry before the movie starts." Riley chimed, before they both headed in.