2.9; "After all this time."

R I L E Y

"RILEY!"

Someone exclaimed, making my eyes immediately open widely in panic.

"Whats wrong?!" I yelled, quickly setting up.

Maya's eyes were wide, but she didn't say anything. I nodded my head, slightly annoyed. What was so important that she had to literally drag me awake?

"It's a girls day." She just said like it was the most simple thing in the entire world.

I just stared at her, before grabbing a pillow and violently throwing it at her. "You had to wake me up just to tell me that?!" I screamed. Maya fell in a loud fit of laughter, which made me even more angry.

"Basically, but I got a good reaction out of you." She giggled. I gave her a glare, before I began to hit her the pillow again. She grabbed one and it instantly turned into a pillow fight.

We both laughed as we stood on top of my bed hitting each other like a bunch of toddlers, but we didn't care. It's normal do this stuff with your best friend, right?

We stopped hitting each other, before we both flopped down on my bed next to each other, giggling.

"So what are we doing today?" I questioned, lightly slapping her arm. We both stared up at the ceiling before she replied.

"Shopping, eating, movies, eating." She said and I chuckled. "Why are you up so early anyway?" I asked again. "You ask a lot of questions." Maya murmured teasingly. I rolled my eyes.

Maya chuckled before responding, "Mom and Shawn are out, they left early this morning so I got bored and came here." She says. Maya was very fond of Shawn, my 'uncle' aka my dads best friend. Maya's mom Katy has been dating him for 6 months now, and they were happy.

I was happy for Maya that she finally had a father figure in her life.

"It's practically the time I get up for school in the morning." I moaned, covering my face with a pillow. "Two weeks until summers over, peaches." She murmured. I groaned, "Don't remind me." I spoke.

I couldn't help but think about how much my life has changed they past 7 months. It's been insane. But I didn't want to think about that, so I quickly sat up.

"Let me get ready." I said.

>>>>>>>>

Me and Maya sat at a table by a pretzel stand in the mall, as we devoured cheese covered pretzels.

"Chimichonga!" Maya exclaimed, as someone walked by us with one in their hand. I giggled, Maya's obsession with food was insanity. Well, I guess you could say we're both obsessed, she wasn't more crazy than I was.

I rolled my eyes before finishing my pretzel.

"I'm really happy for you, Riles." Maya suddenly said. I looked over to her, before scrunching my eyebrows together. "What do you mean?" I queried.

"That you've moved on from everything, that you chose happiness." She said. I knew what she meant. I smiled at her. "Thanks Maya, but I couldn't of done it without you. I'm sorry that I ever pushed you away." I spoke, sadly.

She just smiled genuinely. "I get it, I always did. I'm not going anywhere, you're stuck with me forever."

I giggled, before smiling. "Yeah I guess I am." I say. She lightly smiled back. "You're probably the strongest person I've ever met, you don't know how strong you are Riley. I admire that about you a lot, you can do anything." She spoke.