0.6; "Here goes nothing."

R I L E Y

Maya caught the flu, so she wasn't able to come to school today. At least it's Friday.

I loved John Quincy Adams high school, even though there were some people, certain people, that I was not fond of I have made a ton of new friends, and have joined lots of clubs. Today's my first day in my photography class, apparently the photography teacher was pregnant and just had her baby, so she needed a few more days and there wasn't a sub. I loved photography, so I was excited.

I walked into the classroom, there wasn't a lot of people here. That's odd. I walked over to a two seater desk and sat down. I looked up to the teacher, "Mrs. Lynn" was written on the board. She was really pretty. She had long red hair and freckled skin.

I pulled out my notebook and started doodling, before I heard someone sit next me. I looked over, then regretted that I did.

"What the heck are you doing here?" I said to Lucas. He smirked.

"My grades are dropping, I needed an extracurricular class. So, here I am." He said softly. "I swear you're stalking me." I mumbled. "I wouldn't mind stalking you." He winked at me, and I just rolled my eyes. "There's other seats you know, that are empty that you can sit at." I offered. He shook his head. "Exactly. You can move if you'd like, Riles." He smiled. I can't stand him. "I was here first." I replied. "Then I guess we both aren't moving." He said before the teacher spoke up. I decided to focus on her, but I saw Lucas glance at me from the corner of my eye. I ignored it.

"Hello class! I know that we have a few new students here so let me introduce myself, I'm Mrs. Lynn." She said, pointing to the board. "Here you'll learn all about picture taking and editing, I have cameras for each of you over here to borrow for the school year. I would like for you guys for whenever you are out taking pictures, to think creatively. Now to help with your assignments and if any of you will need assistance with your photo taking, I'm going to assign you with a partner for the whole year. Whoever you're sitting next to will be your partner for the year, now come up and get your cameras and I'll assign you your first project." She smiled. I felt my blood boil. You've got to be kidding me. Lucas was going to be my partner!? FOR THE WHOLE YEAR!?

He looked at me and smirked, before getting up to get his camera. I eventually did. I walked back and sat down, trying to contain my frustration.

"Alright class, for your first assignment, I'd like for you and your partner to go outside and take pictures of anything you'd like. It's fall so the leaves are perfect. Be as creative as possible." She smiled. I grabbed my bag and camera, before rushing out, but he caught up with me.

"What do you want to start with?" He asked. I shrugged. Something cocky finally didn't come out of his mouth.

I looked around, walking over a little bridge that was by a pond at our school, I saw a frog on a lily pad. My eyes went wide as I ran down by the pond. I lied down on my stomach, and turned on my camera. I smiled at the frog, he was so cute. Colorful leaves were scattered across the top of the water, making it look beautiful. I snapped the picture, smiling, before looking up to Lucas, whom had his camera pointed towards me.

L U C A S

She was lying there, eyes bright and wide. Her soft brown curls flowing behind her. I watched as she concentrated on the photo. She was absolutely beautiful.

I stood on the bridge, as I pulled out my camera. I focused the zoom on her, taking a picture, before she looked up to me, and smiled. Caught it.

"What are you doing?" She curiously asked, with a hint of annoyance. I just gave her a light smirk. "Seriously." She said, setting down her camera as she stood up, walking over to me. I continued taking pictures of her as she walked over, now she was racing towards me. "What are you doing?!" She giggled. "Stop!" "Stop it." She laughed trying to cover the lenses, but I kept going. She lightly shoved me with a smile, laughing. "You better stop, Friar." She said, walking closer to me. She grabbed my hand that was holding the camera, trying to pull it off, but I don't think she realized how close together we were until she looked up in my eyes. I snapped one last picture.