Chapter Twenty-Seven: Satan's spawn is back in town

"You know you're going to have to face him eventually, right?" Annie asked, squeezing my hand.

"Yeah... That sounds a lot like real world responsibilities and I don't think I'm ready for that yet." I said, staring at Aaron's hospital room door.

"Well tough shit. You gotta deal with it." Annie said, opening the door and pushing me through it, causing me to curse her out.

Aaron was sitting up in his bed, scrolling away on his phone as a small smile grew on his face.

"Hi, Chelsea right?"

Well at least he remembers my name now.

"Yeah, hey. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to barge in. My friend kind of just pushed me through the door." I sighed, not knowing what to do with myself.

"It's okay, my mom kind of told me to embrace visitors. Especially you."

I pursed my lips, nor sure what he meant by that. "Why me?"

He shrugged. "My mom didn't tell me, she just told me you were important. So, care to share?"

"You sure you wanna swallow that pill right now?"

"Rather find out now than later."

I sat down next to him and puffed out a breath. "We were dating for a little over a year."

He nodded his head, soaking in the information. "How did we meet?"

I laughed, shaking my head slightly. "Not under the best nor most orthodox situations. You found out who your father was and went to meet him. You found out you had two brothers, Paxton and Flynn, and I was kind of a buffer between the two. Paxton and I were dating at the moment, thanks to you. But then we got closer and I realized that I liked you more." I said slowly, gauging his reaction.

"So I stole my newfound brother's girlfriend?"

"Kinda... We slept together before Paxton and I broke up. In our defense, we were drunk."

"Wow, I'm kind of a dick, huh?" He said sheepishly.

"Hardly, Paxton and I work well as best friends. It was different with you. It was better."

"Well if we were together for over a year I would assume we worked well."

"Yeah... Sorry if this seems like it's a lot. I'm not really sure what's appropriate to tell you."

"I prefer you being brutally honest than stepping around on eggshells because you think I won't be able to handle it."

I nodded my head, glad we could have a decent conversation without it being weird. Well, too weird.

"How are you handling it?"

He laughed slightly, rubbing his face. "I mean, it's not every day you hear that you were in a coma and completely wiped out everything that has happened in the last three years."

"Have you talked to Paxton and Flynn yet?"

"Does an awkward hello count?" He asked, laughing as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I smiled and squeezed his hand. "Don't worry, things will get back to normal, hopefully soon."

*One Month Later*

"I don't think I should be feeling like my lungs are collapsing." I heaved, doubling over as I placed my hands on my knees.

Aaron threw his head back in laughter, his breath showing in the cold January weather. "C'mon don't be a wimp."

"F.uck off." I hissed, still trying to catch my breath.