Chapter 12 - "Jealousy"

FAS 12- “Jealousy”

I stood outside Ichigo’s classroom, the teacher Miss. Ochi told me she would introduce me to the class once everyone was seated. “Class!” Miss. Ochi’s voice boomed, gaining the room’s attention. “We have a new student here today, please show him respect.” She paused and motioned for me to come in.

Walking into the classroom I fidget with the hem of my button-up shirt, as the class started murmuring amongst themselves. Ignoring the teenagers, Miss. Ochi gave me a warm and welcoming smile, “Ryu, please write your name on the board.”

“Okay.” I said quietly, writing down my full name, trying to make my hand writing as neat as possible. Turning around I gave the class a nervous smile as I felt all their intense stares dig into my face, examining the large amount of piercings that littered my face. “Uh… H-hi…” I stuttered as I felt heat rise to my face, “My name’s Ryu Bakuto… I hope we can all get along.”

 Patting my shoulder Miss. Ochi smiled, “Ryu please take a seat behind Kuchki-san. Kuchki, please raise your hand”

Looking at the class a familiar small hand rose leading me to Rukia. Walking behind the black haired girl, I sat down in the empty desk behind her. “It’s good to see you’re alright, Rukia” I whispered just so she could hear me.

“I’m sorry if I worried you, I left a note telling you I went out.”

“I know, I read your note. But still you don’t have all your soul reaper powers, do you.”

“No, but I’m fine as you see. I had just went on a stroll, nothing dangerous could happen”

“I don’t know… we have some gangs in Karakura town and hardly any of them are pleasant.” I muttered paying attention to miss. Ochi as she wrote down a math problem on the chalk board.

“Well still, nothing happened to me. so don’t worry.”

~~

“Finally!” I shouted as the lunch bell rang, echoing throughout the school, “I forgot how tiring school is!”

Ichigo walked over to my desk, with two bento’s in his hand, “Here Ryu,” Ichigo handed me one of the bento’s, “I forgot to give you this earlier, Yuzu made it with left overs.”

“Oh, thanks” I smiled, getting out of my seat, “So where are we going to eat?”

“I thought we’d go and eat on the roof.” Ichigo turned to our soul reaper friend, “Rukia, you coming?”

“Yeah, I’ll come,” Rukia said, pulling out her own lunch from her black school bag.

“Alrighty then!” I said, pumping my fist in the air, “Let’s go eat!” Ichigo, Rukia, and I walked up a flight of stairs and onto the fenced roof. I plopped down on the floor and opened my bento, smiling happily at the sight of Yuzu’s home cooked food. “So Ichigo, how are you?” I asked, focusing on my chopsticks, making sure I didn’t drop any of my food.

Rukia sat in between Ichigo annoying me slightly, “I’m fine, though I’m surprised that there’s not even a scratch on my hands from what happened last night.”

Rukia smirked at Ichigo’s comment, “Surprised?” she asked, “You should be grateful I healed you, I had the best grades in my kido class. Healing your wound was easy.”

“Grades?” Ichigo and I asked, looking at the short girl

“What, like at reaper school?” Ichigo continued

“Something like that…” Rukia said, digging into her lunch, “By the way, Ichigo… Ryu…” Rukia pulled out a juice box, “How do I drink this?”