Going, Going, Gone

"I wanted out of all this bullshit," was my first thought that came to my mind today.

I wanted to go somewhere. Somewhere, where my life could be considered normal. I was done with vampires. Period. I was done with the 'danger package' that I always seem to lug around.

I knew that I had made about 50 grand from Dallas. And more to add to it ever since the first job the Viking Sheriff made me attend. I was going to fix up Gran's house, but I think she would understand that even I needed a break for once in my life.

I knew exactly where I wanted to go. Paris. Over seas. Ever since Arlene told me about how exciting and romantic Paris always seemed to be. I made my mind up.

Although, there was the problem of the blood ties that I had with Bill and Eric. The way both could track and sense my emotions. I needed to find a way to close it. Then I remembered when I was in Dallas, and I had overheard a conversation between Stan and Eric involving the topic of witches. A witch. I needed one.

Then I remembered my job. Sam had hired a new barmaid, Holly. She was a women who believed in witchcraft.

Grabbing my keys from the table within the kitchen. Walking past the sitting room, out the front door, and opening and sitting in the driver's seat of my little, yellow car I head over to work.

"Holly. I need to talk with you. In private if you don't mind?" We both walked into Sam's office making sure I closed the door behind me. "I need some way to block a vampire's tracking. "
"There is a spell I can do. But, why are you asking me of this?"
"I'm tired, Holly. " I express and continue, "I just need to go. Anywhere. Please, can you do this for me?" She soon agreed and asked for something from me. I wore a necklace today. Giving it to her, "Now, I will place a spell that will block you from any vampires that you have shared blood with. The spell should work. As long as, you wear the necklace. If you take it off even for a second the block will instantly fade. "

"I understand. Thank you for doing this, Holly. "

"You deserve happiness, Sookie. Even if I've only known you for a couple of days. I see that your the kind of women that when you set your mind to something be hard to change your mind. " I hear her mutter words of a language I couldn't understand. Feeling a wave of air brush past me. It only lasted a second, before Holly regained focus.

"There the spell is complete." I get the necklace handed back to me. I put it on. Smiling for the first time.

"Thanks again, Holly. " I walk out passing the people who thought of me as some kind of alien for the most of my life. Determined to have a life that I deserved.

I didn't think of saying good bye to any of the others, nor my brother. Figuring it would be the easiest way to leave without regrets.

I already payed for my plane ticket online. It was amazing that I lived long enough without a smartphone. It seemed like the whole world was opened to me from one touch of my fingers. It was quite amazing. It only took me about a couple of hours to get to the airport in Shreveport.

It felt freeing in some way. I had a necklace that would block the ties I had made with Bill and Eric. I could finally have a normal life. A life without vampires. I took a deep breath I was excited, yet nervous. I've never been out the state of Louisiana or taken any steps out the town line. It was a big step, but a much needed one. I give the stewardess my ticket smiling. Walking on to the platform and finding my seat in first class. "Yes. Thank you, Eric Northman. " that was the only thank you he would be receiving. From the money I had received from him my new life was set.