chapter twelve | khari

"Why you bringin' me out here?" I asked Karmen as she pulled me outside. She turned around to look at me with somewhat a smile on her face. She bit the inside of her mouth signaling that she was nervous. I downed the rest of my drink, throwing the bottle in the bushes and leaning against the house.

"Well.. I have a confession." She looked up at me.

I shrugged my shoulders lightly. "Spit it out."

She sighed a little before moving her hair behind her ears. "I enjoy being around you... a lot. Even though we've only known each other for a few days.." She said, looking up with her big brown eyes. I looked at her motioning for her to continue. "I'm very attracted to you..physically and sexually."

I ran my hands along my beard, laughing a little. "You brought me out here to tell me you attracted to me?" 

Playfully she rolled her eyes. "No. I want to ask you something, but I'm not sure if you will judge me or not. You know.. since I'm a girl. I know how guys think."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Who am I to judge you? All I can do is respect you for your honesty which would most definitely be appreciated ya heard me? We're.. grown enough to express what we want, right? So, say what you gotta say."

She nodded her head, agreeing with what I said and bit her lip. "Okkkk.." She moved closer, slyly placing her hands under my shirt. "I want you... Nothing serious or monogamous. Just us chillin, no strings attached." She looked at me with me looking back at her, shocked. She let out a small laugh. "Don't look so frightened."

I laughed a little at the fact that she thought I was frightened. It was her who should be frightened asking me to do this type of arrangement. I was just shocked because I'd never experienced a girl who asked for casual sex. It was new for me. Maybe it was a northern thing.

"Do you know what you asking for? Drunk or nah?" I lifted my eyebrow up at her.

She shook her head. "Very sober. And yes I'm very aware of what I'm asking. I don't want a relationship, at least not right now. I just want some casual...consistent sex."

I observed her for a minute to see if she was really serious and it appeared that she was. Before I agreed, I needed to know some basic facts because we hadn't discussed this. "How old are you?"

She covered her face in embarrassment and giggled. "I forgot that we haven't really had that conversation. But, I'm Karmen Baker and I'm a twenty year old sophomore who attends the prestigious Howard University." She looked at me expecting more questions. Honestly, all I needed to hear that she was twenty years old. I didn't need a record or anything because girls will be twelve looking twenty-one.

"Okay.. Are you sure this is what you want? Be careful for what you ask for now." She giggled, but I was serious. Casual sex could easily turn into something more. I didn't need her expecting me to fall in love with her because she ended up developing feelings.

"I'm sure Khari. One hundred percent." She replied confidently.

"Aight." 

"Good! Plus, you need to channel those frustrations elsewhere besides the court." She winked at me before placing a kiss on my lips. "I have to get going.. Behave yourself.." She giggled as she slowly pulled away and walked to her car. I had to admit that I liked her confidence. She was a cool girl who knew what she wanted.