Breakup Formula

BREAKUP FORMULA

BY: hepburnettes

This is a spin-off to the author's other book, Cherry Knots, something I didn't know till I was done reading this one. 

Well, this book is about a heartbreaker, Joey Addison who was recently dumped (ironic) by a girl who according to him was perfect when he meets Kira Greene. She works at the diner his best friend Declan brought him to, Joey hungover as fuck. Slowly blossoms a friendship through something quite mathematical yet philosophical, a hint of humour, a myriad of emotions and a plethora of realism - the breakup formula.

After reading this, I read Cherry Knots, which was amazing but Breakup Formula has an edge over the other because:

1. It's got beautiful language.

2. It's set in England (which means British accents, hotties and *sighs pleasurably* just England).

3. It's so fucking real. It's not all rainbows and butterflies, it's storms and sunshine and tornadoes and beach days. It's like a Sarah Dessen book only better.

4. If you've read it, you'll notice that the index IS the breakup formula for the two. Except every person's formula differs (This is called application of mathematics in every day life).

5. Again, I must bring up, everything is beautifully phrased - eloquent and concise - drives it home.

6. It's just beautiful. So fucking beautiful.

I'd like to reiterate that you MUST MUST MUST read both, but I suppose read in any which order.

[Sorry if it was too short or a little incomplete, but I think it conveys all I felt and more]

For the author:

I think it was amazing. You honestly have a way with words and keep writing because I'm coming back for more.

Cheers,

Sim :)