the kings promise chapter 11

Okay i know this is extremely short but i have been so busy a

Caspian's pov

I was in my study when I heard a loud crash and then Adeline screaming she had lost the kids. I really did feel sorry for her after all Edmund was just like me when I was his age only thing he was missing was a partner in crime. Though Adeline did mention kids so who were they after all the rest of the royal kids do not arrive until later this week and even then they all have their own nannies.

My curiosity didn't last long because the next thing I noticed was my door being pushed open and two small figures running to hide behind the curtains. I got up from behind my desk and went to look out the door and saw Adeline running in this direction. When she saw me she dropped swiftly in to a courtesy. I quickly nodded for her to stand up because I hated when people acted as if I was higher than them. I know I was but I wished I was normal and didn't have to deal with all the formalities.

'Adeline are you alright, you seem rather bothered? Would you mind if I took Edmund and his little friend from your care for a little while. I assure you that I'll keep them out of trouble and you can go spend some time with Henry I heard he has been searching for you.' I watched as a blush formed over her cheeks. Henry one of the high ranking knights and her had formed a bond over the many visits she stayed here. Everyone in the castle was surprised that she still showed no offer from him.

It was actually quite funny how they met. Edmund and I were outside eating some jam covered biscuits while messing with some practice swords when she walked out to discover me lying on the ground with Edmund standing over me. She had seen a red stain on my shirt and began to scream thinking I was injured. Henry heard her screams and of course being the knight in shining armour came straight to her calls. After she calmed down and realised that everyone was in fact fine she was extremely embarrassed. Henry kept on reassuring her that anyone would jump to conclusions which I thought was completely ridiculous but after that event they became very close and every time they had free moment they spent it together.

'He was well if you want to spend time with them you can I better go what Henry wanted. Prince Caspian thank you and good look with them two because they are troublesome.' I watched as she at basically run out the door and down the hallway.

Once I could no longer see her I stepped back into the study and shut the door before turning around to come face to face with Amelia. What was she doing here and if she was here where was Isadora.

'Hey uncle Caspian isn't it great that Tyler got Mia to spend the day with me. We're having so much fun.' That answered my question Tyler must of decided to ask Is's friend out. I was so happy for him because he had to deal with me whenever I was in a bad state which did last a while. Tyler never really liked a girl before so this was like his first proper date that wasn't set up by his family.