The kings Promise - chapter 9

After breakfast we left to go to into town. No one ever recognises me when I’m in a dress so I wasn’t surprised by peoples puzzled looks. I don’t think it helped that I was holding Caspian’s hand while he was holding Mia in his other arm. If the people didn’t know any better they would probably think we were a young family. It felt so normal holding Caspian’s hand while we showed Mia different places. Along the way we stopped at a few shops while Caspian got some things that he wouldn’t let us see.

When we were in the town centre Mia pointed over at a crowd of children and asked us what was going on. I looked at where she was pointing and noticed it was beside the town’s water fountain which meant only one thing. It was a puppet show put on by the puppet master. Caspian and I used to come at least once a week to watch one of the puppet plays. We had grew very close to the puppet master and he didn’t care who are parents were, he treated all children equally.

We headed over to watch the puppet show and were quite shocked from what we saw. It was about Caspian and me.

It talked about how Caspian wasn’t the same and wasn’t as nice because his love was gone. His love was apparently me which made me blush scarlet when Caspian turned to face me. The two of us just watched as the story continued. I was quite happy that I wasn’t killed off in the play and I became a knight for another kingdom. I was happy that the puppet master still remembered what I told him. I was upset when Caspian was supposedly going to marry some princess from another kingdom.  The princess was from the kingdom that I served now, she wasn’t a mean princess but she wasn’t in love with Caspian either. The day of the wedding she told everyone in the chapel that she wanted to marry someone else and I should be with the prince. She had known my secret all along and wanted me to be with the one I loved and her to be with the person she loved.

Mia laughed at the end and people began to stare at us. They noticed who Caspian was and stared in shock at our little group. Caspian had a smile on his face and we were still holding hands sitting on the wall were we had been watching the show from.

Everyone was shocked at Caspian’s smiling face because even I knew he had been known for being depressed and unhappy ever since my supposed death. The crowed smiled at us and slowly departed. I noticed as the puppet master advanced towards us and a smile lit his face as well.

‘Isadora you’ve been hiding for too long have you not. Not that it really matters but I’m glad you brought a smile back on to young Caspian’s face. I think that smile is bringing the kingdom back to live. We have a prince ready to rule again.’

‘How did you know it was me?’ I asked because there wasn’t any point in denying it.

‘You’re the only one who could bring him back to the kingdom. No one could replace you in his heart after all you two are destined for each other. It was written in the stars. Now who’s this lovely little girl with you two cheeky kids?’

‘It’s my daughter, well my adopted daughter Amelia but she prefers Mia.’  I was still shocked by what he said but I thought it was him just making another story up. I don’t think this man truly knows what reality is and what’s not anymore.

‘Amelia what a lovely name, you should make sure you get them to take you to see more of my plays. If I recall right they even helped me write a few of them. I got to go now are my wife will be chasing me around for being late but it’s good to see all of you again.’