Something in his eyes

Seven years ago...

Calypso watched as the flowers danced and the apples grew on the trees. She was resting around the flowers when something came flying in from above.

The screech of an owl was clearly heard and a brown letter came falling from its claws. Calypso ran and picked up the letter out of curiosity and turned it over to red Calypso near the flowers out in the meadow.

She nearly had a heart attack! How in the who and what knew where she was? She hastily opened the letter and read it fast. "Dear Calypso I am pleased to inform you duh duh duh duh duh. September 1st Platform 9 and 3 quarters?"

She quickly put the letter in the pocket of her dress and looked at her new watch. "Oh come on Leo. Where are you?" She nibbled on her lip in frustration. 

After another fifteen minutes she had had enough. She started charging through the forest looking for a house.

After a few minutes of getting mud and branches stuck in her hair she finally found a small little cottage on the edge of a pond. She quickly raced to the door and was about to knock when she heard a yell coming from a window. "Stupid little wretched."

She couldn't help but giggle at the sound of Leo's voice and ran over to his window and knocked three times. "Psst. Leo."

She heard something drop inside and she peered through the window to see him staring. "Cal? Wha...what are you doing here? You can't be here!"

He raced to the window and opened it. "Well I came to see you! I though there was something wrong since you weren't at the meadow."

Leo half smiled then something changed in his eyes. A sort of change of colour and then he frowned. "Leave."

"What?"

"Leave Calypso and don't come back you filthy little muggle."

"M...muggle?"

"Yes that's what you are."

Calypso started to cry. "What's going on Leo?"

"I SAID LEAVE!"

He slammed the window in her face and shut the curtains leaving him and his father in the room. Leo's father lowered his wand and locked the windows.

"What happened? Was that Calypso?" Leo shook his head trying to shake off the weird feeling he just experienced.

"Oh Leo. Very well handled."

"But I didn't even say or do anything! What happened!"

"The deed is done my son. You need to get ready for Hogwarts."

And with that he left leaving Leo completely shocked and his heart shattered to pieces at losing his best friend.
***

Calypso went running through the forest bawling her eyes out. What just happened! What was going on? She needed answers but didn't know how to find them.

She entered the orphanage and started racing to her room when she was stopped by Ava.

"Oh Calypso! There you are. You need to come with me quickly."

She took her hand and brought her to a big room with a few other girls her age. There was a man and woman standing there looking at the girls. The woman looked in her late twenties. Her hair was a lovely shade of dirty blonde pulled into a messy bun, and her green eyes were shimmering in the light.

The man looked like he was in his late twenties also. He had black hair and blue eyes that had a loving glow. "Oh Paul look at her."

The woman walked over to Calypso and took a leaf from her hair. "Adventurous are we?"

Calypso smiled and tried to shake off her sadness.

"What is your name darling?"

"Cal...Calypso."

"How beautiful."

"My name is Jacinta and this is my husband Paul."

Calypso smiled and the couple walked over to Ava. All Calypso called hear was hushed whispers.

Ava came walking over to Calypso and took her hand. "Calypso. How would you like this lovely couple to adopt you?"

The words hung in the air as a few girls gasped. Calypso didn't know what to say. Yes of course she wanted to be adopted and this couple was lovely! But her friends, Ava! Leo! Leo.

Calypso remembered the events from earlier and almost started crying but looked to her friend Alysia who was smiling and nodding. "Ok."

Jacinta clapped in delight and Paul smiled. Ava grinned. "Well we must fill out some paper work. Go on and pack up your things Calypso dear."

Calypso went running to her room and slammed the door finally letting her tears fall as she spotted the Daisy sitting on her bed.