Present day

Present day...

It was still the middle of winter and the Slytherin common room was nice and warm with the fire lit. It's flame flickered across the wood in a fast motion.

Calypso was reading a book held closely to her chest when she heard someone sit down in the chair near her. "Hey Calypso. What you reading?"

Draco leant over and took the book from her hands. "Hogwarts a history. Jee wiz you ain't turning into Hermione are you? It's hard enough putting up with her let alone two."

Calypso smiled knowing he was just joking. Draco loved Hermione to pieces and even though he would never admit it to Hermione's face, she had heard him say her name in his sleep while on the common room couch for many nights.

"This book is sacred. You wouldn't have Hermione if it wasn't for it."

"Oh?" Draco leant forward in his chair.

"First day at Hogwarts. Hermione and I became friends over this book."

Draco looked a bit perplexed but let it slide. "Well good thing too."

Calypso closed her book and sat up straight. "I just wanted to say that I'm grateful for the other day at breakfast with Leo. I should of said it earlier but I didn't know how to say it to you."

She was expecting Draco to be offended at what she said. Making him sound non human but he was interrupted by a door opening.

"You should feel honoured, that's the closest you're gonna get to a thank you from her."

Leo sat down on the couch opposite Draco and next to Calypso.

Draco crossed his arms and sneered. "And you would know that how?"

"Me and Cal. Best buds we are."

Calypso felt her stomach hurt and tears starting to form in her eyes as he said her nickname. She felt a wound re opening that she had tried to close for many years.

Draco just laughed. "Best buds? You hate each other. You only tease her and abuse her so much she sometimes doesn't talk for days!"

"And you would know all about that wouldn't you?"

Draco looked taken aback but he knew that Leo was right. He was a jerk, still is sometimes, but only really to The Weasel and Petty Potter (as he calls them) but he was trying to change for her. He tried so hard not to reflect on his past, so many conversations with Hermione about it made him realise ways he could get over some of it but some scars could not and will never heal on his heart.

Draco clenched his fist and Calypso immediately sensed the tension. "Please Leo, please. When will this end?"

Leo took a moment and responded with such ease and pride. "When I'm satisfied." And with that he strolled off out of the dungeon.

Draco turned to Calypso and raised his eyebrows. "What was he talking about?"