Ch. 3 🤵👰

Future Bonnie turns around, planting herself in front of Damon, glaring at him,"Kai." She spat.

He smiles,"Bonnie Bennett. What a nice surprise meeting you here in 2015." He says.

"Lift the spell from Present Bonnie." She hissed.

"Why? Aren't you having as much fun as I am?" He questioned.

She took a step in his direction but Damon grabbed her wrist and pulled her to a stop,"What are you doing, Damon? Let me go."

"I won't risk you getting hurt." He says, his gaze zoomed in on Kai who smiles.

"Isn't this just the cutest thing. Protecting her now as you do in the future." He says,"You really are a protective h-" Bonnie, with the flick of her wrist, sent him flying back into a tree. His body hit the ground with a thud.

"Ugh." He groaned as he slowly got to his feet,"I'm guessing by that hit that he doesn't know everything about your husband." He says with a grin.

Future Bonnie glares at him,"Shut up, Kai." She hissed.

"I am also guessing you don't want him to know WHO your husband is, am I right?"

"Kai, I swear to Mr. Cuddles if you say anything or reveal anything I will end you right here and right now." She hissed through clenched teeth.

He looks over at Damon,"Did she tell you that the two of you are close? Like...really close? You tell each other everything. Her three children love and adore you. Oh, you were even IN her wedding." He chuckled.

Damon glares at him,"Put an end to the spell or so help me I will show you what your insides look like." He growled.

"Oooooo, I'm shaking. Hahaha." Kai mocked,"You're a lot scarier in the future, Damon my man."

Damon went to charge at him but Future Bonnie wrapped her fingers around his wrist to stop him,"He wants you to try something." She says, her gaze never leaving Kai.

"I see your feelings are still the same even for past Damon." He says.

Damon glances over at her,"What is he talking about, Bonnie?"

She meets his gaze,"Nothing, as always." She turns her gaze back towards an amused Kai.

"Nothing, Bonnie? I don't think Damon being your -"

"Would you please shut up!" She hissed.

Damon couldn't help but wonder what Kai was going on about. Whatever it was Bonnie didn't want him knowing.

"What aren't you telling me, Bonnie?" He questioned.

Future Bonnie ignores his question,"Remove the spell from Present Bonnie, Kai!"

"Bonnie." Damon calls her name.

"Looks like he wants your attention, BonBon." Kai says with a smile,"Don't worry, I'll wait." He says while leaning up against a tree, folding his arms over his chest.

"What is he going on about? What does Kai know that I don't?"

Future Bonnie slowly turns to the 'younger' version of her husband and sighs. She hated lying to him. In the future, she and Damon always told the other the truth matter how painful it was. They had an understanding.

Never lie, Be Honest.

As she stood here, the guilt was eating at her but she knew she couldn't reveal too much about their future if she wanted a FUTURE with him to go back home to.

'You never made that promise with 'this' Damon. And this Damon isn't your husband. So, technically...you're not lying to your husband.'

"He knows a lot but that's only because he's from the future. So, there are going to be things that he knows that you don't." She says.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I thought the two of you had a 'No Lie, Be Honest' rule." Kai pointed out.

Future Bonnie glares over at him,"Shut the hell up!"

"It's something else. Something big that you're not telling me or you wouldn't be getting so worked up." Damon states.

Future Bonnie sighed,"Damon, don't do this. You're only going to be disappointed because I can't tell you anything."

"Who -"

"Well, I can see this is going to take forever. So, I'm going to go. BonBon, I will see you later." He says before raising his right hand,"Oh, BonBon, stop lying to your husband. It doesn't look good on you." He says with a smirk before snapping his fingers and disappearing.

That bastard! Damn it, Kai!

"Husband?" Damon questioned with wide eyes.

"We should get going. We need to warn them about Kai." Future Bonnie says, turning to walk away.

Damon was suddenly standing before her, eyes wide, "He called me your husband, Bon - ." He doesn't finish his sentence because, Like a tsunami, everything started to piece itself together. Everything she'd ever said to him that gave him hope for a future with her.

"Neither am I. Damon, I don't regret kissing you. You're my best friend. You mean more to me than I ever thought was possible."

Future Bonnie lifted a hand and forced him to meet her gaze,"I am in love with my husband. I love him far more than I've ever loved any man." She says,"You're my best friend and there isn't anything that I wouldn't do for you. I'll go to hell and back for you, Damon. My husband knows how important you are to me."

Future Bonnie sighed before reaching out and taking his hand,"That's never going to happen because I DO love you, Damon."

He met and held her gaze,"Just not the way I love you." He lifts his hands and cups her cheeks,"Bonnie Salvatore. It has a ring to it." He says.

She smiles,"Yeah, it does."

"In the future do we love close by?"

She nods,"You're staying with me actually." She confesses.

He raised a brow,"And the husband?"

"He's perfectly fine with it. In fact he's the one who suggested you move in with me. Something about helping to keep me out of harms way during my first pregnancy." She chuckled.

Damon lowers his forehead onto hers and sighs, his eyes closing in the process,"That husband of yours is a damn lucky guy. I hope he won't be an idiot like I was and let you slip away."

Future Bonnie takes a deep breath,"You're not an idiot, Damon. And, you didn't let me go. I'm right here."

"You're NOT in love with Stefan?" He asked, making his way towards me slowly.

I shake my head with a sigh,"No. I am not in love with Stefan. Never have been, never will be. I love you, Damon."

Damon met her gaze and held it. Kai was telling the truth. In so many words Future Bonnie had told him he was indeed her husband,"...the two of you are one in the same." He quotes her words from earlier.

Future Bonnie swallows the lump in her throat,"Damon. "

"Am I your husband?" He asked.

She took a deep breath,"Damon, I -"

"Bonnie, please, it's a yes or no answer. Am I your husband in the future?" He questioned.

There was no use in lying anymore. He knew the truth. She could see it in his eyes that he knew. So, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes, Future Bonnie nods,"Yes, Damon, you're my husband." She opens her eyes and meets his gaze,"I'm Mrs. Bonnie Bennett-Salvatore."