~27 Try Again 🤝

Damon stood there, beside Stefan and his car, doing as she asked. He wouldn't go unless she asked him to,"Okay, I'll - I'll stay." he says.

Looking around at everyone, Bonnie took a deep breath before letting her gaze drift back onto Damon who she was now making her way towards cautiously. Her gaze never faltered as she stopped directly in front of him. She was going to say what was on her mind before she lost her nerve and chickened out. "I don't remember loving you." she says blatantly,"I don't remember being trapped on the other side with you and or by myself. Nor do I remember forgiving you for every horrible and nasty thing you've ever done to me, my family and this town." Damon's face falls but he covers it with his famous poker face.

" All I remember is hating you and despising the ground you walk on. I remember wanting to end your existence -"

"If this is your way of making me feel better about you not remembering our relationship, I'd rather you keep it to yourself." he says, "I have to drop Stefan off." he says turning around to leave.

"...but a part of me; the part of me that loved you, that forgave you, that wanted you in my life; won't shut up. She won't let me walk away from you, she won't let me end whatever this is between between the two of you." she continues, stopping him in his tracks,"I can't stop thinking about you, about what we had, about what could have possibly changed between us that resulted in me falling in love with you. No matter how hard I try to just shut the door on you, I can't, that door just won't close." she admits.

By now Damon is gazing at her, along with everyone else, with wide shocked eyes. He was not expecting her to say any of that nor was he expecting it any time soon but she did. The part of her that still loved him couldn't walk away, which means that that side of her feelings are stronger than he could have imagine. "What are you saying, Bonnie?" he had to be sure she was saying what he was thinking. He didn't want to jump to any conclusions.

Bonnie took a few steps forward and stood directly in front of him,"I'm saying I - I want to be with you...or at least try and find what we had before." she says.

Damon took one last step forward and gazed deeply into her eyes,"I really want to kiss you right now but I'm not going to push you." he says.

Bonnie went to say something when she was suddenly pulled into a memory.

"You are the most insufferable man I've ever met!" Bonnie spat as she walked away from a smiling Damon.

"Come on, BonBon, the mutt will be fine." He says.

Bonnie swirled around and punched him in the jaw,"That's not the point you son of a bitch! Tyler is my friend Damon! My Friend! If you're going to continue to hurt him or anyone else I care about then I mind as well end -"

Damon appeared before her and pulled her into a kiss, his arms snaking around her waist, pulling her closer. He kissed her with so much hunger that it scared him. He didn't want to lose her, he couldn't. She was everything he could ever ask for and more. He would sacrifice anything and anyone if that meant she would stay by his side.

Finally pulling away, Damon cupped her face in his hands,"I love you. I love you and I'm sorry about Tyler." He says.

Bonnie blinked a few times before leaning up on her toes and kissing his lips once more,"I love you, too, Damon. I love you so much that it scared me but just because I love you it doesn't mean I won't walk away from you if you do anything like this again." She warned.

He nods,"Warning heard." He says.

Bonnie was pulled from her memory by the touch of someone's hands on her face,"Bonnie!" Damon's voice flooded her ears,"Bonnie!" his thumb gently stroking her cheeks.

Bonnie blinked a few times before her gaze was fully focused on Damon,"I remember." she says softly.

Damon's face twisted up in confusion,"Remember what?" he questioned.

"I remember punching you for hurting Tyler and before I could tell you we should end things you kissed me." she says softly,"You kissed me and told me that you loved me."

Damon's eyes widened,"You remember that?"

She nods,"I remember kissing you back and telling you that I - I loved you, too but that just because I loved you it didn't mean I wouldn't walk away from you if you hurt anyone else I care about." she finished.

"Is there anything else you remember?" He asked.

She shakes her head,"No, that's all there was."she stated before taking a step back, putting some distance between them,"Watching that, remembering that, has proved to me that I was right about you, that you will always be that Damon." she says.

She watched Damon's expression turn into one she couldn't read,"but it has also shown me what I've been afraid of accepting," she'd glanced down at her hands,"I was really and truly in love with you." she says meeting his gaze once more.

Damon swallowed the lump in his throat before speaking up,"Where does that leave us?"

Taking a deep breath, Bonnie reached out and took his hand in hers and held his gaze,"It means that I am willing to try and get back what we had...if you are." she states.

A smile graced his lips at her revelation,"You do know that there is no going back on this? I will do whatever I have to in order to hear you say you love me, again." he warned.

A small smile formed on her lips,"As weird and or crazy at this sounds...I'm actually finding myself looking forward to that." She says, her cheeks flushing red.

Damon lifted a hand to her cheek, moving in closer to her,"I love you, Bonne Bennett." He says before pulling her into his arms, her head resting on his chest.

'I love you, too, Damon Salvatore' says the part of her that still loves him.