Chapter 39: Gabriel's POV

* Warning some light language and mature content in this chapter. You have been warned. *

Gabriel POV

The door to Raphael's Office closed softly blocking out the gasping breathes of his secretary. When she had insulted Liz I had been ready to rip her apart, but Liz had intervened appearing to scare the half-bred more so than I probably could have. As my eyes adjusted to the low lights in the office I made out the form of a very tall man in a suit standing in front of the large window with his back to us hands in his pockets. The one-way window showed the crowded dance floor of the club below that bustled with human and Supernatural alike. The man didn't move away or acknowledge us, no one else was in the room.

Where is the Demon Lord? My wolf paced uncomfortably.

Not saying a word Liz stopped in the middle of the room staring at the man. I felt no emotions coming from her and realized she had closed herself off, this was not the woman I had grown to fiercely love in the last week, but the deadly Hybrid assassin. The Fae had come in the room with us taking a perch beside the door, the scrawny man reminded me of a hawk. Liz's eyes never left the man by the window. I realized this tall, unimpressive man was the famous Demon Lord.

Minutes passed as we waited, tense, unmoving the only sound the heartbeats coming from everyone except Liz and the Demon Lord. He clapped his hands and the lights increased in intensity, he turned from the window and 'graced' us with his appearance. Besides being abnormally tall, over 6"7' nothing remarkable showed him to be a Demon, a pristine Armani stripped suit hugged his lanky frame, a thousand dollar pair of shoes on his feet, and his long red hair was tied at the neck with a black ribbon.

He looked like a rich businessman, not a red skinned demon of legend.

When I reached his eyes, I watched fascinated as tiny black designs danced across his cheekbones and nose traveling across his face before disappearing under his collar. I shivered frozen by the rich sweetness of his voice, it promised me sin.

"Please, sit down."

I felt compelled to walk to the seats in front of his desk and sat down.

Why should we not sit down? This nice man offered so politely.

I watched fascinated as the Demon Lord strode silently across the carpet to sit behind his desk crossing his legs over each other. He moved with such grace it looked like he glided across the floor, I sighed along with Lamarr and Budur. They sat to my right waiting for the Demon to speak, eager as myself to hear what he would say. I wouldn't dare speak before this man acknowledged me, he was my master.

Realizing Liz was still standing in the middle of the room, I motioned her to sit on the empty seat beside me, she didn't move. I looked to the man wanting his approval to talk, the Demons lip twitched.

I wondered why he was smiling, was it something I did to make him smile. I hope so.

He seemed amused for some reason and his head barely bobbed acknowledging me. I turned back to Liz.

"Liz sit down. This nice man is here patiently waiting and it would be wrong to make him wait any longer."

"Stop it," Liz snapped glaring at the grinning Demon Lord.

Lamarr and Budur looked as shocked as I that Liz would be rude to our gracious host. "Liz that was rude. The master wants you to sit."

"Stop it, Raphael." Liz hissed reminding me of a cat.

I giggled the sound strange coming from my throat, but I barely noticed. Liz would make a funny looking cat. I couldn't stop giggling. My hand pressed against my chest, I couldn't breathe. For some reason I didn't care, it felt too good laughing and my wolf was enjoying it as much as I, something deep inside told me this was seriously wrong. I ignored it wanting to laugh more, black spots in my vision made it hard to see tears rolling down my cheeks.