Thirty-Five

The next week...

Much to my surprise, Yoko accepted our invitation to come visit. Today was the day they would be arriving, and I was nervous to say the least.

"What's got you so anxious, love?" Paul asked, sitting beside me on the couch.

"Well, the last time someone visited, it didn't turn out so well..." I said timidly.

"Darling, I'm so sorry about that."

"Paul, I'm not mad. It could have happened to anyone."

"Getting stabbed in a plot by your boyfriend's psychotic daughter and ex-wife? Totally everyday happenings!" Paul laughed.

"Paul, seriously. How is Mary anyways? Have you heard anything on her?"

"She called last week actually, when I was on the phone with Yoko."

"How is she? Where is she?"

"Well, she seemed off. Her voice sounded distant, like her mind wasn't there. She is still in that juvenile detention center back in the States."

"Oh..."

"If you're feeling like that was your fault, it wasn't at all. I had no idea that my daughter was off her rocker like that. I'm sure Yoko visiting will be fine, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Daddy! When is Sean going to be here?" James asked as he ran into the living room.

He had been looking forward to playing with a boy close to his own age ever since we told him about Yoko and Sean. Since the kids were home-schooled by a private instructor, they didn't get much social time with other children besides themselves.

"They should be arriving any minute now. Go on upstairs and get Stella to come down here with us, okay?"

"Okay, daddy!"

James ran up the stairs, almost skipping steps as he was so excited.

"You know, love," Paul said, trailing a hand up my thigh, " You haven't called me daddy in a while."

Paul moved in for a quick, yet sultry, kiss.

To be honest, I was a little scared to have sex again after having the baby. What if I wasn't as satisfying as I was before? I didn't want to seem like damaged goods to such an experienced man...

I smirked at him, trying to hide my apprehension

"I know what you're thinking..." Paul said, giving me one last quick kiss before the kids made it down the stairs.

"What is that?" I asked, going to pick up Winston from his little swinging/bouncing chair.

"That I won't be as satisfied with you because you've had a child, my child might I add."

"You're secretly a mind reader, aren't you?" I asked, taking my place back beside Paul.

He stretched out his arms, wanting to hold Winston. I placed Winston, who was now awake, into his father's arms, which allowed me to see how much they looked alike.

"Trust me, I'll still enjoy it like I did before. Maybe even more." Paul winked.

"You'll enjoy what more, daddy?" Stella asked, popping up behind the couch.

"Oh! Well, I was just saying that I would enjoy, your-uh-Amethyst's baking more now than before since I haven't had it in so long!"

"Amethyst has never baked for you, daddy!"