Chapter 5 ~ Complications

So. I admit; I wasn't gonna upload this until I had more typed up. But I have a pretty good idea of what's going to go on next so it shouldn't be a hard chapter to type up. If you haven't exactly understand how much is going on, I shall explain.

Seth does like Mona and has no affection towards Catharine but his naivety caused them to happen to be together.

That's the main thing, anyway. I thought I should clear that up. Enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------

"What did you just say?" I ask Livvy demandingly. She looks at me quizically.

"Wait. Shane didn't ask you yet? Oops," she whispers, an uh-oh expression on her face.

"Shane is going to ask me?" I say in surprise. She shakes her head quickly.

"I didn't say anything, Mona." At that, she turns and walks away from me, disappearing through the swarm of other students blocking my way.

"Livvy! Livvs, wait! Angelivia!" I yell but she does not come back. I close my eyes and sigh.

It was hard to imagine that Shane would ask me to the dance. I never thought that he thought of me that way. I had previous boyfriends and he had previous girlfriends. We were both okay with that. I was okay with that. But maybe, he was not...?

"You seem to be in deep thought. Are you okay? Is something wrong? You don't seem to be all right," a voice remarks and I blink my eyes open in surprise.

"Seth?"

He smiles.

"Yeah! I'm glad that you remember me, haha. I had some stuff to take care of at home and didn't get to come to school the past two days. But now I'm here!" he says joyfully. I roll my eyes.

"Good to see you too, Seth," I say in a sarcastic tone. He does not realize that it is sarcastic, however, and his grin becomes bigger.

"I'm glad to see you too, Mona! Let's go to German class together?"  he asks in question. I shake my head.

"I actually have to go to the office today. Apparently the principal has something to say. I got a notice, uhm, yesterday," I say, easily making the lie, that luckily came from practicing with Shane. He nods.

"Okay, I'll see you in class, then!" he shouts, also disappearing through the crowd. I groan. What was I going to do about Shane?

I go to my locker and grab the necessary supplies for class. Hurrying quickly to get to my class, I run into someone and mumble an incoherent apology, as the aroma of sweet pea gets all over me.

"Excuse me?" she demands, in a snobby voice. I silently groan again. Just my luck.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you, Catharine," I say more loudly and clearly. She pouts.

"Ohh. It's you," she says, looking at me grudgingly. I bit my lip.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I apologize," I say again, attempting to walk past her.

"Whatever. You know? Seth always talks about you. Mona this, Mona that, Mona on and on and on and on," she says smirking. I look at her, an eyebrow raised. What was her point in saying that?

"Okay, bye, now," I say, this time walking all the say around her. She glares and I feel it penetrating my back.

"I bet you're jealous that he's going to go with the dance with me!" she says, sultrily. I blink. Now why would I be jealous? Ignoring her, I walk into the classroom, just in time before Mrs. Fuentas waltzes into the room, smiling.