Chapter 4 ~ Mysterious Phone Call and the Whirlwind We Call School.

I have decided to dedicate this to JJeSSea for deciding to read Key Wishes. She just told me that she is and well, she is! So this is for her. It's not all that exciting, lots of drama in the next chapter. Hope you enjoy. XOXO

Mona's brother Erik is on the side. --->>

---------------------------------------------------

"Hello?" I ask in the reciever.

"Hello, my dear," the strange voice huskily whispers. I stand there frozen. I have heard his voice before. But where?

"Who is this?" I ask warely. He chuckles.

"Remember to wear those keys. It's important, my dear. They are key wishes," he says cryptically. I scrunch my head in confusion.

"Who the hell are you? I don't understand what you're talking about." I say frantically, reaching paranoia.

"Goodbye, my dear. Remember the key wishes. Mona," he finishes and I hear the phone click off. I stand there, still flabbergasted. What was that? I put my phone back on the stand.

"Hey Mona! Mom wants me home cuz I've got a check up today so I'll see you later," Shane calls out as he clomps down the stairs. I turn toward him.

"Okay, oh, wait!" I shout. He pauses and turns back around, with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah?"

"You wanted to tell me something?" I ask him. He blinks and gulps.

"Uh, I'll tell you later," he mumbles. I frown.

"Okay, Shane..." I trail off and he perkily smiles.

"Bye, Luna," he says and goes out the back door. I smile when I hear him say my nickname.

Now that I got rid of him, there was Erik to deal with. I go upstairs and peek through his tidy room. He is on his bed, flipping through an anatomy-physiology textbook. I glance around. His room was still very neat and tidy. His walls were coloured a navy blue, with a twin size bed and a large walk in closet.

"Heya, Erik," I tell him.

"Hey," he mutters, almost incoherently and I look at him, a strange expression on my face. His apperance looked disheveled, his hair in dark curly locks and his dark chocolate coloured eyes frantic.

"What's wrong?" I ask, plopping down beside him, looking over his shoulder at what he was working on. It was about the cardiovascular system. He turns to look at me.

"Huh?" he asks quizically.

"I said, 'What's wrong'?" I ask again. He shrugs and turns to his side, closing the textbook.

"Nothing's wrong, Mona," he says adamantly. I look at him petulantly.

"It's obvious, Erik. What is it? School? Friends?"

"No, it's nothing."

"I know when you're nervous, Erik. Oh, wait, is it a girl?" I demand. His ears start to turn pink. Ding, ding, ding! I got it right.

"It is! Who is she? Where is she from?" I ask excitedly. His face starts to go red as well.

"What makes you think it is?" he asks back, still trying to hide it. I roll my eyes.

"Oh, please. Do tell," I say demandingly again.

"Her name's Lily Esteban. She's gorgeous and smart," he grumbles. I smile jubilantly.

"Tell me more!" I say. He rolls his eyes this time.

"Well..." I nudge him.

"TELL ME." He smirks.

"She has wavy dark brown hair, and the most beautiful hazel eyes," he whispers softly. The grin on my face gets even bigger. Finally, my nerdy brother liked a girl!

"I'm so happy for you, Erik. I have to meet her sometime," I tell him earnestly and he looks up at me with love in his eyes.

"Thanks for the support, Mona."

"Yup!" I say. "Anyway, I've got homework and stuff to do so I'll see you later." I get up and go back to my room and rather than grabbing my homework that I should be doing, I grab my phone and check my messages. There were three.

>Hey, I really need to talk to you sometime so give me a call when you get this message. From, Shane.<

>Heya, Mona! What's up? U there?? ~XOXO, your gorgeous best friend ;D<

>Mona. -_-" I seriously need to talk to you. Give me a call. From, Shane.<

I sigh. What was up with Shane and what did he want to talk to me so badly about?

I press the button with a three on it and the call button, holding the phone up to my ear. (Mom was number one, Dad was number two, Shane was number three, and Erik was number four on my speed dial.)

"Mona!" he shouts happily after two rings. I roll my eyes as I lay flat on my bed.

"Why do you have to so urgently tell me?" I ask sulkily, lazily pulling on a small thread that was hanging out of my pillowcase. I hear him swallow loudly through the phone.

"I'll tell you later, mmkay?" he says and I silently groan.

"Why can't you just tell me now? After I took the time to actually call you and everything," I ask again. He dramatically sighs.

"Just wait 'till tomorrow," he mumbles hotly.

"Okay," I say and he ends the phone call. I start to doze off and go into a deep slumber.

***

The rest of the week went by normally. Tuesday, Seth - thankfully - was not at school and Shane still refused to tell me what he was going to tell me the day before. Wednesday was also basically the same, and I was half certain that Seth did not go to our school anymore. But, then came Thursday...

***

I wake up in the morning and do my usual routine. I glance at the key necklace that was laying on my dresser. It could not hurt to wear it, right? They are pretty cute... I finally decide to wear them, hoping that they do not look too badly on me. As I walk out the door, yelling goodbye to my mother, I notice Shane on our porch swing to the side.

"What are you doing here so bright and early?" I ask him curiously. He almost never offered me a ride, as much as I begged. He shrugs.

"Thought it would be nice to give you a ride every once in a while," he mutters and I smile joyfully.

"Great! No need to deal with Chrisie then," I say happily, giving him a one-arm hug. His eyes light up to a beautiful light shade and he smiles.

"I thought you would say that," he tells me, as we get into his Audi. We quickly get to school, Mitch and Livvy flanking our sides.

"Hey," we both say, and they reply with smiles and nods. Livvy hooks an arm around me and steers away from the guys.

"We'll see you guys later. We have the dance to talk about," she says, looking at me pointedly. I groan and roll my eyes.

"Yes, we do..." I mumble softly. Shane laughs goodheartedly and Mitch gives Livvs a hug. We go around through the side entrance, heading to our lockers.

"So, Mona. Has Shane asked you to the game and dance yet?" Livvy asks excitedly and my head scrunches with confusion. I stop walking and turn toward her.

"What?!"

-------------------------------------------------

So sorry I had to stop it there. It's not the best stopping point, I know but I had enough in there and this is more of a filler chapter/ getting to know some of the characters. The next chapter is when the keys actually come in come in.

It'll be great. I know it will. Hope you stick around till then.

Until next time...

XOXO

~rain-kissed_midnight <3