Wishes

This is a fantasy romance story and I really hope you guys like it!! Let me know what you think though, cuz I'm honestly not sure whether this story will be good or not. Thanks bunches! Comment. Vote. And Fan! Here goes!

---------------------------------------------

WISHES

***

"What do you wish for most?" I hear the husky, sharp voice ask. 

This person is very tall and I have to look up to see him. He is cloaked with dark black, the shadows writhing around him, encompassing him. Devouring him. I see no face. His hat covers his eyes and he is indistinguishable. I am so very afraid. Tears overflow from my blue-gray eyes. 

"Mommy and Daddy to come back. And Erik. I want them back!" I scream, sobbing loudly. 

"You are all the same," he grunts with disgust, mumbling under his breath. "A wish for happiness, a wish for love, a wish for death." 

"Can you bring them back?" I ask in despair. I am no longer thinking about how scary he looks. He seems to be a man of power. Maybe he can help me. Yet, as soon as I think about how he is not so scary, my opinion turns back around completely.

For just a moment, I see his eyes and they are burned into my childhood memory. They are eyes the color of bright blood with a hint of silver, and they vehemently glare at me. If looks could destroy, I am sure I would be dead. 

"If you wish it, it shall happen," he says quietly, quite sure of what my reaction would be. 

"I wish it! I wish Mommy and Daddy and Erik are back and we are a happy family again!" 

He sighs and I suddenly imagine him to be an old man, waiting for his death. But suddenly, he straightens and is not that old man. He must be a genie if he is able to grant wishes, I think, remembering the story that Mommy always told me, of Aladdin, his blue genie, and his faithful monkey Abu. 

"Are you a genie?" I ask dubiously. He still looks nothing like the cartoon blue genie from the stories and movie. 

"No, I am quite similar though, I suppose," he says grimly. He pats me on the top of my head and I blink in surprise. In his hand is a small necklace with three small keys. One of the keys is very old-fashioned and rusty. The middle key is a key carved from jade, looking elegant and fragile. The last key was shiny and metallic, and very futuristic. "These are very important. Never allow others to wear these keys. They are only for you." 

My eyes widen in awe as he carefully puts it around my neck. 

"They represent the past, present and future," he whispers as I nod, only partly understanding what he is saying. I am only four years old, anyway. "You have been chosen, my dear. Life is all yours. Time and Space is as well." 

I smile. 

"Is Mommy and Daddy and Erik coming home?" I ask. 

"Goodbye, my dear," he says, ignoring my question. "I hope you never see me again. You will wish for something you have had, something you wish you never had, something out of jealousy, something out of leniency, and something you will never ever be able to have." Leaving it at that, he softly caresses my face, swiftly turns, walks away, and disappears into the shadows, leaving me to feel emptiness, his final words carved into my thumping heart. 

*** 

I tumble off of my bed and hit my head on the carpeted floor. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its definitely not a lot but what do you think about it? Is it something you would read?

Let me know, thanks :)

~rain-kissed_midnight <3