Let's Make a Date.

So so, there are a couple of pictures to the side there, I"m sure you can figure them out.

There is also some language in this one too, warning there for you.

________________________________________

Asked a boy out on a date, been on a date with a boy or been on a date.

February 4, 2012

Mhm.

Yeah.

Never been on a date.

Ever.

Is that sad?

I don't really think so.

Harriet, Fran and Sam, trying to break me out of my shell and have me meet boys, tried in vain to get me with so many guys since high school started that I’ve seen the entire rainbow of the male gender.

Which makes it sound like I had to date a lot of gay guys, which now that I think about it they did pair me up with this guy Fransisco, he was gay.

Anyway, I’ve never actually been on a date, like a real date, I went to the movies once with this guy McGuire, that is a really dumb name now that I think about it, but the point is that he made me pay for my own ticket and drink because he was saving for a new video game. Besides, when I heard him ask for a ticket to 10,000 B.C., I was like no way and got a ticket for Wall-E, which was SO CUTE.

I also went to McDonalds once for a Big Mac with this guy Peter, all he did was make jokes about him being Peter and me being Wendy. Like really?

Those are the only ‘dates’ I’ve been on.

So the girls came up with the plan to have me go on a date. I may have the final say in what tasks go so I could have said no to this one, but I need this, and what if I go out on a date and voila! Love!

I doubt that, but still why are guys the only ones that can ask girls out on dates, why can’t a girl ask a guy. Which is another reason why I’m doing this.

So the only thing that terrifies me? The fact that it’s February, which means one thing…Valentine’s day.

No way in the name of everything holy am I asking a guy out on Valentine’s day, maybe during the day, but most definitely not at night. No, most definitely not anytime of that day.

I have…twenty-four days left of this month too and you know somehow, somebody found out that I’m doing this and now guys really won’t let me be.

“Is it just me, or did that guy drool because he forgot to close his mouth?” I whispered to Adrian as we walked past a large group of nerds that were staring at me.

He snickered and nodded, “Yeah, I’m pretty sure you stunned him into hoping you would ask him out on a date just because you walked by.”

I elbowed him in the ribs as we walked up to my locker. It was after lunch and we had to get our books for our third period. Adrian didn’t have a locker because he came into the school year late so we shared one.

“You know, I don’t even know how it got out I was going to ask a guy on a date.” I whispered, grabbing my Calculus book.

He shrugged nonchalantly, too nonchalantly if you ask me, and I narrowed my eyes at him, grabbing his Calculus book before he could.

“Wendy Bird—” He started but I cut him off.

“It was you, you did it. You told everyone I was doing this.” I whispered harshly, holding his book out of his reach. He stopped trying to grab his book and raised his eyebrows at me, “Oh come off it you jerk, you told everyone didn’t you?”