Life Underwater.

Just a tidbit, this is long mostly to make up for the lack of introduction and story line in the first one, but also because they're going to the beach, what am I gonna do, have her jump in woo! chapter over.

That's lame, so here's a nice lengthy chapter.

-------------------------------------------

Gone swimming in the ocean

September 7, 2011

Okay so maybe swimming in the ocean isn’t so crazy, buuuut I’ve never done it and since it is my never have I ever, I choose, besides they will get better, trust me.

And so what if I live in California.

Contrary to popular belief we are not just a beach state, we have mountains, dry desert type cities and plenty of fields.

If you live here you know exactly how after eighteen years I still haven’t had the chance to swim in the ocean.

Sure I’ve been past it, but living in the valley doesn’t exactly present me with the most opportunities.

So that’s where we were on this fine Wednesday, well not at the ocean, but at school, figuring out where to go and when.

“Well Sammy, isn’t your birthday next week?” Harriet asked from behind her pizza.

Sammy rolled her eyes, “Yes, and talk once you’re done chewing.”

Harriet rolled her eyes this time and swallowed her bite, “My point is that we could make it a whole weekend, you know, beach house, Friday to Sunday, the whole shebang.”

Frannie decided it was her time to shine as she barged into the cafeteria, glasses askew, rainbow hair in a flurry as she huffed and puffed to our table.

“You…guys…have…no…idea…holy…shit,” She bent over, one hand on her side, the other was holding her up against the table, “You…oh shit…will…not…believe…fucker okay…breathe Francis, breathe,” She took in a couple of breaths and then let them out through pursed lips, “Okay, so I have some important news you guys.” She sang breathlessly as she sat down.

“I never would’ve guessed.” Harriet deadpanned and Fran shot her a semi-death glare, it would’ve been fully-fledged, but she was still panting a bit—kind of kills it if you ask me.

“No, okay, so Wendy, that guy.” She gasped looking straight into my eyes.

“What about him?” I asked, acting like I had no idea who she was talking about.

She opened her eyes wider, “You know, you little liar, you know exactly who I’m talking about.”

I shrugged and picked at my salad, “I swear I—”

“Oh don’t pull that crap with us, Wends, just tell us what Fran’s talking about.” Harriet interjected, obviously off-put by being out of the loop.

I huffed and relayed the story to them.

It was second period English, I loved English and unfortunately for everyone else this was our longest period by two minutes. That didn’t much matter to me, but jeez they acted like it was hell on earth.

Anyway, that’s not the point. It was ssr, you know, silent sustained reading. Yeah I know, what are we, twelve? So I was reading Identical when there was a commotion at the door and I looked up, my breath stolen from me. There he was, totally gorgeous in an ‘I don’t care what you think of me’ way.