Chapter 15

Author's Note:So, this is the last one I have typed up. Let me know if you think I should continue it. :)  Again, sorry if characters are out of character or ideas are similar to other fanfics. Sorry, I realize that their relationship escalated rather quickly (around two weeks) but I wanted to put that in there and I didn't want to add too much regular everyday stuff. Anyways, if you happen to read this, enjoy!

   Ciel was already seated at the table along with a very cheerful Lizzie. I noticed that the other servants never ate with us. How had I not noticed before? I wondered when they did eat. Maybe they slept in later than us.

   I took at seat at the opposite end of the table and Sebastian placed a plate in front of me. On it was a big, fluffy cinnamon roll. I loved cinnamon rolls but I restrained myself and cut tiny pieces off. When I was done, I grabbed my plate and the other plates and brought them to the kitchen. I proceeded to wash them and I decided to take a walk in the garden when I finished. I realized I had been here for nearly two weeks and had never been in the garden.

   I went out through a door in the kitchen and found some rose beds. I loved roses and bent down to pluck a few. I heard voices and crouched down lower.

   “Aw come on Ciel! Please? Why can’t we have a ball?” Lizzie said with a pout in her voice. Ciel sighed.

   “Okay Elizabeth. We can have a ball.” mumbled Ciel.

   “YAY!” shouted Lizzie. I heard a thump and assumed she had tackled Ciel. I quickly got up and went farther into the gardens. I came across a lovely pond with lily pads floating on top of it. I saw a little stone bench near it and sat carefully down on it. I stared at the lily pads and my eyelids started feeling heavy. I closed them for a moment and the next thing I knew, I fell asleep.

   I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped. I wheeled around with my fists in a fighting stance but lowered them when I saw that it was only Sebastian. I scowled. The sky was now a darker blue and I wondered how long I had been asleep.

   “You’ve been out here for a few hours m’lady. Miss Elizabeth asked me to come find you so she could dress you up for the ball.” said Sebastian, who had a weird habit of reading my thoughts. I sighed. I forced myself to get off the bench and walked back towards the manor. I made it through the kitchen and dining room before Lizzie saw me. She squealed and tackled me. Then she helped me back up and dragged me to the room she was staying in.

   Dresses littered the room. They were strewn across the floor and the bed. I bent down to pick a few up off the floor but Lizzie’s voice stopped me.

   I turned to look at her and for the first time, I got a really good look at her. She was extremely pretty with long, curly blonde pigtails and an innocent face. She had huge bright green eyes and small, even features. She was slender and a bit taller than me. I was quite a bit shorter than Ciel but she was almost his height.

   “Do you like Ciel?” she asked it matter-of-factly, without any venom or menace. “And don’t say that you’re his cousin, I know that you aren’t. I understand if you do, I just want him to be happy, and he’s been happier since he met you.” Lizzie continued patiently. I blushed and looked at the floor, trying to figure out how to respond to that.

   “I do have a small crush on him, but I have no intention of doing anything about it. He is your fiancé.” I replied quickly. Lizzie pulled my chin up with her hand so I was looking at her.

   “How about we find out if he likes you before we decide what to do?” suggested Lizzie with a faint smile. She really did just want Ciel to be happy. I looked at her, extremely confused. “I’ll go ask him if he likes you!” Lizzie said while running out the door. I sighed and quickly followed her. I knocked on the door to Ciel’s study.

   “Lizzie? Lizzie, are you in there?” I called loudly. I got no response. Damn it. Where could she have gone? I knocked on the door to Ciel’s room.

   “Come in!” called Ciel’s voice from within the room. I entered.

   “Is Lizzie in here?” I asked quickly.

   “No.” Ciel replied.

   “Damn it.” I muttered under my breath.

   “Why would she be in here?” asked Ciel.

   “We were talking, then she left to go look for you and I have no idea where she went.” I answered. “I’ll just be going now.” I said when I glanced at Ciel. He was blushing and so was I. He had been getting ready for the ball and hadn’t buttoned up his shirt yet and I could see his chest. I could also see his arms, as he had rolled up his sleeves. I realized I was staring and quickly looked at the floor. I turned around to leave but Ciel grabbed my wrist. I turned around to face him, extremely confused, when he pressed his lips to mine.

   I stood there for a moment in shock and he started to pull away. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. He snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I pushed my lips slightly harder against his and the kiss deepened. We heard a cough and broke apart to see Lizzie in the doorway.

   “Lizzie! I’m so sor-“I started to say but she interrupted me.

   “Well,” she started with a faint smile. “I guess we figured out that he does like you. Ciel, I think we should call off the engagement.” Lizzie said suddenly.

   “Elizab-“Ciel started but she cut him off too.

   “I care about you Ciel, and I know you care about me. But, I don’t think we’re right for each other. You deserve to be with someone who makes you truly happy.” finished Lizzie. Ciel crossed over to her and gave her a hug.

   “Thank you, Lizzie.” he mumbled into her hair. Lizzie hugged him back and after a moment they broke apart.

   “Hey!” Lizzie shouted suddenly. “You finally called me Lizzie!” she cheered. Ciel looked thoughtful for a moment.

   “I suppose I did.” he said with a laugh. I walked over to Lizzie and gave her a huge hug.

   “Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me.” I said and a tear leaked from my eye. She wiped it away with her thumb and smiled.