Chapter 12

Author's Note: I shortened how he got Sebastian and such because I wasn't sure how to type out the entire thing. Again, sorry if the characters are out of character and sorry if ideas are similar to other fanfics.

   “Come in.” said a muffled voice. I opened the door and stepped inside. “Oh, hello Lily.” I opened my mouth to speak but Ciel continued before I could. “I’m sorry I was such a jerk earlier. Sebastian told me that you were a bit homesick and he was just comforting you. I’m sorry I was so rude.”

   “No, Ciel, you weren’t a jerk. I’m sorry I was upset.” I replied. Ciel just sat at his desk for a minute, trying to figure out if I was serious.

   “Oh. Well, anyways, what’d you come here for?” asked Ciel.

   “Last night, when I went to your room, I had a question about Sebastian. Could you answer it now?” I asked hopefully. Ciel rubbed his hand along his chin in thought.

   “I suppose so…” replied Ciel.

   “Okay, so, is Sebastian human?” I held up a hand to stop him before he could interrupt. “I know, that makes no sense but last night, he bent metal! And I’ve noticed that his eyes glow sometimes. And he can do all these things. He can cook everything perfectly, he can clean the entire house in a day, no regular human could do all of that!” I finished.

   “You see, I’m simply one hell of a butler.” answered Sebastian who just appeared out of thin air. I rolled my eyes.

   “No Sebastian, I think we should tell her.” Ciel said looking thoughtful. Sebastian sighed.

   “As you wish, my lord.” replied Sebastian.

   “Please, take a seat,” Ciel said gesturing at a chair in front of his desk. “It’s a rather long story.” I sat down. “It started when this manor was set on fire and my parents were killed. You’ve heard that story yes?” I nodded. “After my parents were killed, I was taken away by some men. They used me as a slave and a sacrifice for a ritual. At this point, my rage summoned Sebastian and-“I cut him off.

   “Does that mean Sebastian is a demon? I’ve read some books about otherworldly things, including demons, and that’s one of the ways you summon a demon.” I asked excitedly.

   “Yes, Sebastian is a demon. I made a contract with him which means that after he helps me fulfill whatever my goal is, he can eat my soul.” Finished Ciel.

   “If you don’t mind my asking, what is your goal?” I questioned.

   “To avenge my parents’ deaths.” He said simply.

   “Where’s your contract?” I asked. Ciel didn’t respond, he just untied his eye patch. He let the eye patch fall to the ground and looked up at me. On his eye was a pentacle that glowed a light purple color.

   “Woah.” I said in surprise.

   “Now that you know about that,” continued Ciel while retying his eye patch. “Perhaps you’d like to help us again? Sebastian has narrowed Jack the Ripper down to another suspect and we’re going to try to catch them tonight.”