Chapter 10

Author's Note: This is my last update but just for a while. I need to write more and organize the little bit that I haven't posted yet.

   When I woke up, I panicked for a second. Where was I? What was this lumpy thing under my head? I turned my head and saw that my head was on a sleeping Ciel’s lap. His hand was around my waist which caused me to blush. I must’ve started falling off the seat or something so he grabbed me.

   “Young master, we’re home.” said Sebastian as he opened the carriage door. When he saw us, he smiled.

   “Ciel. Ciel.” I said while shaking his arm. He quickly woke up.

   “Wha? What is it? Where am I?” asked a sleepy Ciel. I smiled at his confusion.

   “We’re home young master. You fell asleep on the ride home.” Sebastian clarified.

   “Oh.” was all Ciel said in response. It was then that Ciel noticed his arm around my waist. He immediately pulled it away and blushed a deep red. I took my head off of his lap and stretched while Ciel got out of the carriage. I stumbled sleepily over to the door and Sebastian helped me out.

   We walked up the steps to the manor and when we arrived inside we were bombarded with questions from Mey Rin, Bard, and Finni. I just ignored them and walked up the stairs to Mey Rin and mine’s room. I undressed and took a bath to wash all the makeup and Druitt dirt off of myself. I changed into my nightclothes, which was just a long white shirt since I disliked nightgowns, and sat on my bed, thinking of the events of the day.

   How had Sebastian bent metal like that? I mean, I didn’t doubt that he was strong but to bend metal? No normal human could do that. Well, Finni could but only because he was experimented on and had received super strength as a result.

   All of my thinking had woken me up a bit so I decided to go ask Ciel about it. I found the door that I thought led to Ciel’s bedroom and knocked.

   “Come in.” said a confused voice. I opened the door and slipped in. There was a candle on a nightstand next to a large bed.

   “Ciel?” I asked.

   “Yeah?” said Ciel, whose voice came from the bed.

   “Can I talk to you about something?” I asked nervously.

   “Yeah, hold on.” he replied back. I heard rustling and shifting and Ciel appeared from under some blankets. When he saw me standing there in just a white shirt, he blushed. I noticed that I had a habit of making him blush and he had a habit of making me blush.

   “Argh! Sorry I forgot that I already changed…” I said, blushing as well.

   “I,it’s fine.” he said, stuttering a bit. Wait. Ciel, stuttering? That made no sense. Ciel never stuttered. I walked over to the bed and sat down.

   “Ciel, are you okay?” I asked concerned.

   “O,of course! Why wouldn’t I be?” he said, stuttering again.

   “Maybe because you’re stuttering? You never stutter Ciel! I’m the one that stutters.” I said while looking at him.

   “Okay, never mind that now. You came here to talk about something. What’s up?” Ciel said swiftly changing the subject.

   “Oh, yeah. I came to talk to you about Sebastian.” I replied, refusing to look him in the eye.

   “Oh?” he said with a hint of his usual mocking tone. “What about him?”

   “Well, is he, you know, human? He tore those metal bars open! If Finni had done that it’d be different but as far as I know, Sebastian hasn’t been tested on like Finni has.” I let it all out in a rush. Ciel just sat there thinking and didn’t say a word.

   “Ciel?” I asked anxiously.

   “Oh?” Ciel asked, still lost in thought.

   “Is Sebastian human?” I said putting it bluntly.

   “Tell you what,” Ciel said slowly. “It’s a long story, so I’ll think about it and tell you however much I want to tell you in the morning. Fair?” I nodded. I started to get up but Ciel’s voice stopped me.

   “Do you want to sleep in here tonight?” Ciel asked shyly. I turned around in surprise. This was not Ciel. Something was up.

   “As much as I would love to, who are you and what have you done with Ciel?” I asked jokingly. Ciel didn’t seem to care about the joke. He was more focused on the “I’d love to” part.

   “Oh?” he said mockingly. “You’d love to?” That caused me to blush. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! Why did I say that? Ciel walked over to me and put his mouth next to my ear.

   “Come on then.” He whispered. He grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the bed. I was still in shock.

   “Ciel? Are you sure you’re okay? You’re acting really weird.” I asked nervously.

   “I had a couple of glasses of wine at the ball but yes. I’m perfectly fine.” Ciel replied. Ah. So that was it. He was drunk. I supposed it would probably be better if I was there with him. I didn’t want a drunken Ciel to be alone. I climbed under the covers and he slid in next to me. I had my back to his chest and he wrapped an arm around my waist.

   “Night Lily.” Ciel whispered in my ear. I shivered. I fell quickly into a dreamless sleep.