2.

Anai.

Being awoken by my alarm, I got out of bed & headed towards the bathroom. I dont know why, but something was pressing on my bladder, causing me to rush to the toilet.

Doing my daily routine, I brushed my teeth, washed my face & put my hair into a high messy bun, since it was my first day back to school. Finishing up everything, I went into Jaleel's & Amiya's room, waking them up.

"Jaleel? Amiya? Time for school."

"Five more minutes Nai." He groaned.

"Nope, getcho' behind up." I said pulling the cover off him. "Amiya, come on baby."

"Can you fix breakfast please?"

"Sure, what would you like?"

"Eggs, bacon, grits & French toast."

"Coming right up." I said walking out.

Walking downstairs, I went into the kitchen, looking into the fridge. I remembered I was suppose to go grocery shopping yesterday.

"Dammit." I said, slamming the door.

Jaleel & Amiya came downstairs. Amiya wearing her two puff balls & Jaleel wearing his Retro Jordans & what you call it that those teens wear, with the spiking hair?

"Thot hair." I mumbled.

"But all the ho- girls love it." He said clearing his throat.

"Boy, watch your mouth before I knock all your teeth down your throat. And Miya we have to stop for breakfast."

"No, its fine. I'll just eat something from school."

"Okay, guys come on."

--

Pulling up in front of the school, I stopped the car, taking off my seat belt. Turning around towards, Amiya I gave her a full speech about talking to strangers & allat that other stuff.

"Okay Nai, you told me this a million times." She huffed.

"Okay, gone on. I love you."

"Love you too." They both said in unison.

--

Walking into the building, people stared at me, mostly girls. I really didn't care at the moment, I just wanted to get to class & get home.

Not paying attention as always, I bumped into Khalil, knocking his books out of his hands.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." I said bending down to pick up his books.

"Anai, getcho' ass up right na'. As long as you roun' me, you betta not pick up shit, fa a nigga." He said laughing.

Not listening to a word he said, I picked up the books anyways. Handing them over to him, he thanked me.

"You hard headed." He chuckled.

"If you say so."

"Oh fa'real, says the person that forgot ta call me last night." He said sarcastically.

"Oop, thats what I forgot. Dammit." I laughed.

"Come on, lemme walk you ta class mama."

The walk was pretty awkward. Khalil didn't say anything & I just walked with my head down.

"Uh uh, hold yo' head up right na'." He said, lifting my chin up with his finger. "Stop doing dat, you beautiful as hell, mane."

--

Khalil.

Just looking into ha' eyes, I knew she was hurting. She didn't have ta show no emotions or nothing, I could see it. This girl was beautiful man. Her smile? Oh, she can brighten up ya day with that smile. I'm really feeling ha' doe.

"Anai, what's hurting you mama?"

"N-nothing." She lied.

"Don't lie ta me ma. Something's hurting you & you letting dat shit affect you."

"What do you see?"

"Well, I see a beautiful young lady, das lost & has nowhere to go. You very insecure. You wont give a nigga, tha' time of the day because of ya last relationship. You don't trust too many people. I see alot, mama."

Being interrupted by the bell, I hugged ha' & went on to class. I knew what I said, gon' stick to tha back of my mind all day.

"I'a pick ya up from 7th period."

"Okay."

--

Aint no feelings bih.

Lmao. But how yall liking this book so far? Lemme know in the comments & oh, 15 votes & I'll post chapter 3 tonight.

Have a good day, babies.

#NationOrDie ❤