Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Leon’s POV***

Melody absolutely refused to speak to me. She didn’t utter a single word to me over the last three school days. No matter what I did or said she would always turn away or ignore me as if I wasn’t even there. What I didn’t understand was why she was so mad. It was only a single kiss and I didn’t even use tongue. It was like my kiss was the most disgusting thing that’s ever happened to her, which couldn’t be true. I knew I was a great kisser, one of the best. So what the hell was her deal? Life was so boring without the constant bickering with her. It was hard to remember what it was like before she was here. There was no one that held my interest and long as she did. Then again I could usually bed a girl in a couple days, some I could get within a day. I don’t understand why she has to be so difficult. I wonder if telling her that once she gave me some I would leave her alone would speed the process up. I knew that she disliked me but I also knew she found me attractive. Hmmm maybe I’ll have to do that, the most she will do is punch me again, which HURT by the way. For a girl as small as her she sure does pack a punch, at first I thought she broke it because it hurt so bad and wouldn’t stop bleeding. It was so worth it though, she had the softest and most delicious lips I’ve ever tasted. I Started imagining what it would be like to go further with her. She was so sweet and innocent. I didn’t usually go for that type, but Melody was different though, so different.

“Leon….Leon….LEON!!” Lucas screamed.

“Dude what the hell do you want!” I yelled back.

“Get your head out your ass, the teacher asked you a question” was his retort.

Glancing at the teacher I saw the disapproving look that he was giving me. I didn’t realize that I was that spaced out. “My fault Sir, what was the question again?” after giving me a dubious look he asked his question again, “I asked what were some examples of the writing by William Shakespeare, excluding Romeo and Juliet” Ha, I couldn’t stand this teacher, he always tried to make me look stupid, in reality I was probably smarter than him. I had excellent grades; I just chose not to show it to other people. “hmmm.. well there is Othello, Midsummer Night’s Dream, MacBeth, Julius Caesar, Hamlet, King Richard III, the Merchant of Venice, Taming of the Shrew…”

“Ok I get it, next time pay attention or I’ll give you detention!” the teacher said. He’s such a sucker. Shakespeare was a great writer, people who didn’t know his plays were just stupid to me. For the rest of class I just sat there not paying attention , once again. All my other classes were the same. With Melody ignoring me school just seemed so pointless.

Finally it was lunch time. I was starving! Cutting in front of everyone in line I got me lunch and headed to the usual spot. Melody was already there and she was alone. “Hey hot stuff, how my favorite girl doing today” I said with a smirk. As expected she just gave me a glare and turned away. Jeez, talk about someone that can hold a grudge. “So Melody, how you been?”  Still no answer. “I’ve been great incase you’re wondering” Not one single word. This shit was starting to piss me off. “What the hell is your deal, it was only a damn kiss, get over it” She answered with an even harder glare. Then I thought hit me, Had it been the first time she kissed someone. Moving to her side of the table I sat next to her. “So, tell me Melody, was I your first kiss?” Instantly she turned bright red. That was it! I was her first kiss. Jeez I knew she was innocent but damn.

“ No you weren’t!” she yelled at me. Finally she talks! This was too good to be true.

“Oh, I think I was, actually I know I was.”

“ Sorry there pal, I already claimed that, you a little too late” came Ryder’s voice.

“What do you mean” I asked.

“I was Melody’s first kiss, your late by a couple years”

For some reason that pissed me off, they were friends, friends don’t kiss. “Thought you guys were just friends” I said voicing my thoughts. “It happened when we were younger, we both thought that we misewell get it out the way”

“Ryder are you ok, you don’t look to good” Melody asked.

“Actually I feel sick as hell, I just came to tell you that I was gonna head home”

“Awe, ok I will stop by after class to check on you” she said with worry. After that I didn’t really pay attention to what they were saying. I was really liking the thought that I coulda been her First kiss, but Ryder stole it away from me, no fair. After Ryder left the rest of the gang showed up and Melody went back to ignoring me. Big surprise there. Once lunch was over I headed to my next class. Even though Ryder wasn’t there I still sat next to Melody. “Alright class settle down” the teacher said as she walked in. “Today we are going to start a project that will be a major part of your final grade. You all are going to have a partner and the assignment will last the majority of the rest of the semester. Instead of picking names, the person next to you will be your partner.” Instantly I perked up and turned towards Melody, who had nobody next to her thanks to Ryder being sick. She looked at me with shock and worry in her eyes, while I grinned from ear to ear. Today was turning out to be a great day after all.

*********

SUBWAY IS SOOOOO GOOOD! MMMM! I kept getting distracted from writing this chap because my sub was just calling my name. Anyways, ill upload chapter 7 in three or four days! XoXo