chapter 3

Took a couple days to be able to write this chapter, lets just say being an adult sucks, and so does State farm! Stupid car insurance places, anyways heres the next chapter. 

*********

Chapter 3

Melodys POV***

"DIBS!" All the guys yelled at once.

Stupid Ryder.

I rolled my eyes "Last time I checked I wasn't a piece of meat! "

"Come on guys, don't scare her away already." Stephanie said.

Ignoring her Lucas asked, "So who do you think is the hottest?"

These guys were such jerks, and so conceited. To bad they didnt know that none of them had a chance at all. I dont date, or hook up with guys. Ever. "im gonna have to say.....Ryder. Yup definately Ryder. Sorry boys."

"So does that mean your gonna let him tap that? Jase asked.

I was gonna say something smart but Ryder spoke up, "All right guys, leave mellow alone, besides I wont let any of you guys near her with all the stds you guys are probably carrying around"

All us girls laughed while the guys glared.

"Last time I checked, Ryder, you were just as bad, if not worse than us" Aiden said.

What he said caught me off guard. I knew Ryder. We were best friends. He never showed that he was a player of any kind. " Ryder Williamson!! He better not be speaking the truth!"

Ryder looked at me with puppy dog eyes "awe melody dont be like that, im a growing boy with a healthy appitite for tha ladies"

Ew!

I just shook my head discuragingly. I guess I could see why Ryder would get girls, he was really handsome, but still.

The rest of the lunch period we all just joked around and laughed. The guys were gross, but funny nonetheless.

When the bell rang we headed to the next class. When we got to class I sat in a rabdom seat with Ryder sitting next to me and Leon sitting next to me. Josh was also in our class so he sat on the other side of me. When the teacher came in she made me introduce myself then went on to teach the lesson. As I was copying the notes I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Leon. 

" What has 142 teeth and holds back the incredible hulk?" He asked.  

I just looked at him like me was insane. 

"My zipper" he smirked.

Omg!! Why is he so gross! "Your discusting! Leave me the hell alone"  

That jerk just continued laughing every once in a while until class was over.

The rest of the day I avoided him. I couldnt stand guys like him. It sucked so much that I had all those classes with him. It helped that Ryder was there. The whole reason I moved back was to be closer to him. Ugh, the things I do for friends.

Once the last bell rang I headed straight home. When I walked in I was greeted by my maid, mariah, who was more like family than anything. 

" hey Mariah, any changes? " I asked like I did everyday.  

"No Melody, you know you would've the first person I would call if there was."

I dont know why I asked anymore. It was always the same answer, but I still had hope.

I walked up to my room and started my homework. I wasn't expecting so much homework on my first day of school but o well. Just when I got finished my phone buzzed. I picked up already knowing who it was.  

"Whats up Ryd"

Mellow Yellow! Watcha doin? You tryna have a movie night?"

" Is that even a real question Ryd"

I gave him my new adress and headed down to the living room to get everything ready. Just as I was finishing up the doorbell rang. I knew Mariah would answer so I started picking out movies. I decided on Grown Ups and Step brothers.  

Ryder walked in with an armload of snacks like I knew he would. We settled on the couches together and started watching the movies. This is the way it use to be. I missed just being able to be with my best friend. Or any friend at all. At my old school the girls hated me and the giys only wanted one thing from me, so it was pretty lonely there. But after the accident I was glad I was a loner. That way there wasnt a whole bunch of people showing pity towards me.

****** 

Leons POV

I just dont get it. No girls ever not been interested in me. I mean yeah I was a complete jerk to her but that never kept me from getting into anyone elses pants. 

I hate to hook up with this chick. She was way to pretty to pass up. From her grey eyes and dark brown hair to her light carmel skin color. I have messed with mexicans before but none that even compared to her.

All I had to do was turn up my charm and she would be like putty in my hands. 

My thoughts were rudley interrupted by my sister Alexis. 

" All right douche bag were is my makeup" 

"Why should I tell you, besides im doing you a favor, all that stuff does is make you look cheap anyway" I replied.

Before I knew it Alexis was tearing apart my belongings looking for her stuff. I jumped up to stop her while yelling at her. Before I knew it we were in a all out screaming battle.

" THATS ENOUGH!"  

We immediatley stopped what we were doing and turned around. 

My dad stood there lookin at us with a scowl. " Son when I left I didnt think that this would be what I came back too. And Alexis your too old to be acting like a child, is Ciana the only one that knows how to act?"  

"sorry dad" we both said in unison.

He continued staring at us for a moment more then smiled and opened his arms. We both rushed to him and hugged him tightly. 

My dad was a really big business man and because he owned so many bussinesses he was gone alot. The longest we went without seeing him was three months. I think thats one of the reasons my our mom left us. This time he was gone a month and a half.  

Yeah we were really rich and should be thankful for everything we got, I still wished we were more of a family. My dad loved us but I think he was more comfortable from a distance. But our mom didnt care about us at all, she left dad for a younger guy, saying that having kids and being a housewife was not what she wanted and that we ruined her life. That was the reason I hated women. They were all the same, they would use a man till they got tired and then move on to the next sucker. I knew my dad was hurt but he never showed it, I guess he was trying to stay strong for us kids.

"So were is the little munchkin anyway" dad asked. 

"Right heeeeerrreee! " Ciana said running down the hallway and jumping into his arms. She was always so happy to see him and cried when he left. It broke my heart everytime. She was such a precious little girl and it killed me when she was hurt.  

"So how long are you staying this time" Alexis asked.

"About a week or two, but I wont be gone as long as I was this time, but lets not worry about that right now" he answered. 

The rest of the night we spent as a family, or as much of a family as we could be. I missed the days when dad was home more and I could talk to him about everything. I would give anything to go back to those days. But for right now seeing the way him and my sisters were laughing around the dinner table would have to suffice. For right now it was as good as it was going to get. And I was fine with that.