Chapter 8 - Between Us

Loud noises began to vociferate through the halls as I gazed out the window. I'd locked the door and decided to stay in my room for the remainder of the day. Not that I'd ever been to one but I was never comfortable with the whole idea of house parties because they usually involved alcohol and... God knows what else.

The sun was just about done setting. The view of the skyline from my room was possibly the only thing I'd developed a liking for in this household. I smiled at how the moon was already peeking. It contributed to the gradual formation of a glimmering night sky. The clouds, which boasted mystical colours, held the promise of a calm, peaceful night.

But my newfound serenity was quickly disrupted when loud music began to blast from downstairs. I wasn't sure if it was just me or if the floor was actually shaking but it made me feel uncomfortable. I recognised it as one of the songs the popular kids at my school would dance to after classes.

It had no proper lyrics. Besides the electronic beats that made up almost the whole song, there were only a few, repetitive words in it. Personally, I hated it.

I heaved a sigh as I walked over to my bed.

_________________

"Open!" A muffled feminine voice woke me up. The loud knocks on the door were persistent, every single one making me more attentive and awake.

"Come on! I'm gonna-" Her sentence ended in a hulking burp. She was about to throw up. "Bathrooms are full-"

I staggered over to the door and opened it to see a skinny blonde with a burning face. She pushed me aside and  rushed into the bathroom inside.

I was just about to close the door again when a tall bald man wobbled in. I immediately stepped back. The large male advanced towards me in excitement, the situation exposed as the door was still wide open. "You're the Baby Dolly, aren't you?" He mumbled, I could smell the alcohol on his breath. "Harry said we can share." He grinned.

My palms began to sweat when my back touched the wall. This wasn't the first time something like this happened. I was brought back to the time I woke up to one of Richard's thugs in the room. Thankfully, I escaped. But now, I wasn't so sure if my fate would be as fortunate.

My insides were turning, or atleast it felt that way. My mouth parted in shock when the guy got so awfully close that I could clearly hear his deep breathing. His hands were placed flat on the wall behind so he was completely surrounding me.

My hands rose up to push him, my weak strength amusing him as he laughed. I felt pathetic. My fists began to pound against his chest but I was stopped when he caught hold of them. I noticed a few people emerging in the backdrop.

"Help!" I called out. I was surprised when instead of actually helping, they began to cheer the guy on. They held up drinks and whistled in support. What kind of people were they?

I was shocked by it and I was demotivated to fight back. I was pushed onto the bed.

"Hey, everyone! Zach's finally getting laid!" I heard someone yell.

"I'd like some privacy!" The guy responded before forcefully getting on top of me. The stench of his breath was revolting. I began to cry and the only thing that ran through my mind at that moment was how much I wanted to die.

"Please..." My voice cracked as I begged. I knew it was hopeless.

"Zach what the hell do you think you're doing?" Harry's voice sounded, relief quickly rushing into me.

The guy lifted himself off me as he turned to look at Harry who had pushed through the small crowd at the entrance. "I thought we were going to have fun tonight, man." He laughed as I scrambled off the bed as fast as I could.

"Not like this. Get your ass out of that room." Harry commanded firmly.

"Why you gotta be such a killjoy?" The guy muttered as he walked past Harry.

"I don't want anyone upstairs!" Harry raised his voice and people began to disperse.

The music never stopped once, the thunderous beats consistently booming all throughout the situation but it was made a tad bit softer when Harry closed the door of my room. There were only the two of us in the room now.

"Zach is a little uh... deprived." Harry explained as he slipped his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"I think that's an understatement." I managed to say before I pursed my lips. I quickly wiped my tears.

"Hey," Harry paused to scratch his head. "He won't do that again."

What he said didn't help that much as I continued to cry despite my attempts to contain the tears. I couldn't stand it anymore. I couldn't handle it. I didn't belong here and I needed to escape.

"I-I don't want to live anymore."

"Don't do anything  stupid." He told me. "Look, I understand where you're coming from but I'm not going to let you go. My dad's going to bug me about it for the rest of my life if I do. But..."

"You don't have to sleep with me unless you're okay with it. So, don't kill yourself or anything like that. Keep this between us, though. My dad can't know."