Chapter 19 - Home

Why was Harry torturing me like this? He had been with numerous girls. I knew I meant nothing to him, I was a mere speck in his whirlwind of a life. He had everything he needed, everything he'd ever wanted. Why was he doing this to me? 

 Unlike him, I had never had anyone of the opposite sex touch me the way he did, or even come near me for that matter. Harry was only playing around with to satisfy his own selfish desires and he was aware of the effect his actions had on me. But he didn't care.

He played the pity card with me by telling me that he had a hard life. He only wanted me to relate to him so he could somehow get closer to me through our 'similarities'. He wanted to take advantage of the fact that I was inexperienced in so many aspects.

What Darren said couldn't be any truer. I had been blind to Harry's faults. I didn't want to believe that he was anything like the people around him. And look where it had gotten me. What was I expecting?

I was such a fool for letting him get to me like this. How could I have thought that he would be different? The ugly truth was that they were all the same. Malicious, cunning, venomous, perverse.  I could go on forever.

I woke up from the most terrible of slumbers. Last night had quite the impact on me. I got into the shower and scrubbed hard where Harry had touched me. I hoped the warm shower would wash away everything but the pain remained.

My hair was brushed, but the tangled locks were left to be as I didn't have the energy to straighten them out. I rummaged through my clothes bag and picked out a plain brown shirt.

My days here were repetitive. I would wake up brimming with anxiety every morning, never knowing what kind of terrible things would happen. I lived in fear. But when I began to know more about the person I was living with, I was given a sense of security. Well, false sense of security would be more accurate. But whatever it was, it had been taken away and I felt completely vulnerable.

As I stared into the mirror, tears welled up in my eyes. I hated myself for being so weak. I jumped when there was a knock on the door. I didn't bother to give much thought to who it might be, so I pulled it open.

I felt my eyes widen at the sight of Harry. He towered above me and I had always found his height somewhat intimidating but I wouldn't let it get to me now. I needed to give off a vibe to show that I wasn't weak or afraid of him. I had no reason to be.

"Thalia," Harry began and I started to push the door closed but he pushed back. "Please listen."

I kept my head down and stayed silent - a clear representation of my weak and vulnerable state. I just didn't have it in me to hold up any kind of bravado. "I was going to tell you this last night but... I got distracted." I hoped I didn't blush, as memories of last night rushed in.

"Look, I understand the whole thing last night might have freaked you out, since you know... you often get freaked out by stuff like that." I attempted to close the door again but Harry held it open, his strength overpowering mine. "I want you to talk to me."

I fidgeted with my fingers as I prepared myself to say what I had to. "I-I don't want you to touch me anymore. I'm not comfortable with it." I brought out a frown on his face. "I'm nothing to you. So please leave me alone."

There was a flash of an expression on Harry's face that I had never seen before. He was unlike himself, as he remained quiet, studying my eyes. "What do you want from me, Harry? You can mess around with any girl you want." I said.

"I don't know." He finally spoke. "I don't know what I want from you. But there is something. I-just-" He placed a hand over the nape of his neck, nervously looking around. I'd never seen him like this. "Nevermind."