Chapter 2 - Pretty Face

My head spun and my thoughts were all over the place. I stopped struggling. My vulnerability frightened me. I'd always been under my mother's wing... I had never been exposed to such danger.

A woolen sweater furled around me, hiding the top of the lengthy nightgown underneath. The second layer of clothing made me feel a tad bit secure although it was still the last outfit I wanted to be seen in. I wasn't even given time to take anything along. I had absolutely nothing with me.

The elevator was old and it descended slowly, occassionally stopping for a few seconds before moving again. The elevator door reflected a distorted image of the four of us. I was distinctly the shortest, and was surrounded by three dark figures... or so I imagined.

"Everything has a price, my dear." Richard's low, croaky voice sent chills through me. "Your mother needs to be taught a lesson. She can't just live off other people's money."

"Sh-she was going to pay you back." I retorted weakly, finishing with a light sniff.

"That's what they all say." He laughed, tipping his hat up.

The gnarly reflection disappeared as the doors slid open in opposite directions, revealing the darkness of the night. I hoped someone would be there... maybe Mrs Winters was watering her carnations again. Maybe she would see us and realise what kind of monster Richard really was. Maybe she would call out for help.

My hopes were drained when there wasn't anyone in sight. Richard was smart, he wanted to make sure I wasn't seen by any resident of the apartment so they snuck me out from the back where rubbish and waste were thrown. There were a few guard dogs that began to howl and hop about when we stepped out.

I wondered why Richard would have guard dogs here. The real bad guys were already inside.

A black car was camouflaged in the dark backdrop, the moon being the only source of light when the back door of the building was closed. "Please." I whimpered as I found myself being dragged towards the vehicle. 

"Don't be a rebel now." The shorter man teased, chuckling as he pulled open the car door.

Richard had gotten into the front while the shorter man made his way to the driver's seat. I was budged into the vehicle by the thug gripping my arm. The door was harshly shut, making me jolt as my breathing spasms became more pronounced. I shut my eyes in an attempt to escape the scenario. My apprehension was making me dazy, my mind gradually shutting itself down. Although unclear, I heard Richard talk and laugh with the other two men. I could also hear the clamorous beating of my own heart.

_________________

My eyes painfully adjusted to the bright light beaming down on me when I awoke. When my vision was clear again, I realised the light really wasn't that bright. I'd just had my eyes closed for a long time. I took in the surroundings, the unfamiliarity of the bedroom rendering me timid.

I sat up on the bed I was on and looked down at myself. My sweater had been taken off and chucked to the floor. I inhaled deeply before  slowly moving myself to the foot of the bed.

"You've woken too soon." The taller thug entered the room from the open bathroom door. My fingers began to tremble as he walked towards me with a smug grin, the badly shaven skin stretching.

"Victor!" A loud female voice startled me. Everything seemed to startle me. I quickly turned my head to see a tall blonde girl with a metal tray in hand. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Bee, come on. She's a virgin." He defended himself while I briskly got off the bed, getting as far away from him as possible. He pucked his lips at me and made a kissing sound. I'd never been so disgusted.